It isn't Gruden's fault. It is on Carr and Cooper

ragingraider

How many systems has Carr had to learn since he was drafted? Give him time. He will be good. If you take anyone and throw them in a completely different array of systems every year and expect him to **** gold with a revolving door of people and nothing is continuous. We are not expecting Brady levels here. He has the tools the IQ the arm and athleticism and coming back from injury. People need to hold the pitch forks and torches. 

Gruden is establishing himself and has a 10 year contract. He isn’t worried. Carr is the QB. He is going to build around him and hopefully help the defense which is in dire straits. Also RT 

Gruden is evaluating this season it’s obvious. We are rebuilding. Not sure slip through the hands Cooper is going to be here.

18 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Designed rollout to the right.  Carr never looked that way because that's not the play. 

If you really want to complain about something with Carr, then complain about him running the plays to script and not being creative.  However, I'll tell you the reason for that.  He's just not comfortable enough in this system yet. 

Carr's best season? Year two with Musgrave.  The only second season he has had with the same OC.

7 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Gruden is evaluating this season it’s obvious. We are rebuilding.

Where has this rebuilding talk come from? You don’t bring in a load of veterans like we have if you are rebuilding, that’s an excuse made up when we decided to trade Mack. Grudens remit would have been to improve on what JDR had done over the past 3 seasons not go backwards. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Where has this rebuilding talk come from? You don’t bring in a load of veterans like we have if you are rebuilding, that’s an excuse made up when we decided to trade Mack. Grudens remit would have been to improve on what JDR had done over the past 3 seasons not go backwards. 

You definitely bring in vets one short term deals when you rebuild. Gruden has said over and over again there wasnt enough talent on this team. He basically said reggie has sucked at drafting so bad he has to build a new roster. Gruden has been honest about that for a while . 

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

You definitely bring in vets one short term deals when you rebuild. Gruden has said over and over again there wasnt enough talent on this team. He basically said reggie has sucked at drafting so bad he has to build a new roster. Gruden has been honest about that for a while . 

Well in that case JDR was a genius getting 25 wins in 3 years if the talent was that bad.

14 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

When your O-line sucks and you have 2.5 seconds to get rid of the ball can’t do a lot of reading down the field.

Lol he didn't have no pressure there and didn't make a read before the snap, Brady would have seen that, acted like he didn't, then turned and made a quick throw.

11 hours ago, true2form said:

Designed rollout to the right.  Carr never looked that way because that's not the play. 

If you really want to complain about something with Carr, then complain about him running the plays to script and not being creative.  However, I'll tell you the reason for that.  He's just not comfortable enough in this system yet. 

Carr's best season? Year two with Musgrave.  The only second season he has had with the same OC.

I thought he had freedom to audible, I guess not. If a QB sees a guy uncovered you think they should just  just stick to the play called?

14 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I thought he had freedom to audible, I guess not. If a QB sees a guy uncovered you think they should just  just stick to the play called?

You do know an audible happens before the snap right? I think he was running the play that was called and that he never looked Amari's way because the play wasn't designed to go that way.

I wish he had looked that way because I'm sure it would have resulted in a larger gain, but once he started rolling to the right it kinda sealed it for him.

1 hour ago, true2form said:

You do know an audible happens before the snap right? I think he was running the play that was called and that he never looked Amari's way because the play wasn't designed to go that way.

I wish he had looked that way because I'm sure it would have resulted in a larger gain, but once he started rolling to the right it kinda sealed it for him.

And you do know it's the Qb's job to scan the field before the snap.

3 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Rule #1 of being a QB, never throw across your body while rolling away

Every rule has times where it is okay to break them.  99.9% of the time you are correct and getting the ball back to Amari would have taken some time and a lot of arm strength but it was possible.  Cooper would have had 1 man to beat for a huge gain.  If I was Gruden I would design a play like that to see if you can catch the D in a similar situation.  Just bring the FB across to the other side and have the other WR run a shallower route so it takes less time to develop.  If the defenders stay home then try to hit a crossing receiver.  Some trick plays are designed this way and there are a few variations to try.  

6 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Rule #1 of being a QB, never throw across your body while rolling away

This has nothing to do with throwing across his body, Im talking before the snap he should have looked and notice Cooper was virtually uncovered,  quickly snap the ball for a big gain. Isn't it a QB's job is to look for what kind of coverage is there, just because the playcall was a design roll out right, doesn't excuse not scanning the field before the snap and recognizing you have a guy to your left pretty much uncovered. He was in the shotgun to all he had to do was look left before the snap.

9 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Throwing across your body on a bootleg was not the fix there. And audible would be MUCH preferred. Maybe there was something else that Carr liked in the coverage, I don't know. He's still learning the system. If this was after Week 10 I'd be more worried.

Just a lack of awareness on his part in that moment.

Archived