It isn't Gruden's fault. It is on Carr and Cooper

ragingraider

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

This has nothing to do with throwing across his body, Im talking before the snap he should have looked and notice Cooper was virtually uncovered,  quickly snap the ball for a big gain. Isn't it a QB's job is to look for what kind of coverage is there, just because the playcall was a design roll out right, doesn't excuse not scanning the field before the snap and recognizing you have a guy to your left pretty much uncovered. He was in the shotgun to all he had to do was look left before the snap.

He was talking to drfrey

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Just a lack of awareness on his part in that moment.

Maybe he read the LB as going to play the flat or hook zone pre snap and then didn't concern himself with Cooper since the primary read of the play wasn't to go in that direction anyway.

13 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

He was talking to drfrey

Maybe he read the LB as going to play the flat or hook zone pre snap and then didn't concern himself with Cooper since the primary read of the play wasn't to go in that direction anyway.

And I'm not sure why anyone thinks he was uncovered to start the play? Two WRs and two DBs, am I missing something? 

10 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

That was my point about designing a  play for when you get that look from the defense.  He also knows that he has the RB coming out of the backfield to the side where there is only 2 defenders.  At the snap if he does not see a LB follow the RB then he has 3 WR and only 2 defenders.  All he has to do is take a step or 2 to his right or look right first and there is no way the defenders are getting back across the field to breakup the pass to Cooper or the RB.  I am no were near a competent football strategist but this play it is clear that they had a huge advantage.  Also in Carr's defense even the best QBs make bad reads sometimes.  I will let the more accomplished football minds breakdown whether or not this is an ongoing problem.

Carr and Mack are best friends. They both put in the hard work and committment to bring the Raiders out of the dumpster fire that we're slipping right back into.  Gruden broke up that team and DESTROYED the TEAM CHEMISTRY. Gruden didn't want a distraction if Kalil didn't show up. We had him on a 5th year, playing hardball by both sides is why he's gone. Mack WANTED to be here but wasn't going to give us a hometown discount and he shouldn't being hometown is Oakland, no it's Vegas and maybe some other place next year. The ownership is banking when that's complete. Gruden is given the worst contract in coaching history 10 year 100 million? Half of that is insane (5/50) yet we showed him our committment. Now Mack wants as much as he can get and I think 22 would have done it before Donald but either way we had him for one more season and he wasn't going to be like Lev Bell this season. Next year maybe but even Bell came in last year after letting it be known he wasn't doing it again.

Gruden hired Cable and Knapp who I think most of us were not happy about because they SUCK! Maybe that's the best he could do as nobody wants to work under his rule. His brother and Bill C. will replace them next year after the Redskins are done with them. Allen will replace Reggie and then Gruden's 'rebuild' will begin. 

Carr is an emotional guy and I knew losing Mack will get in his head. Add that to the past injuries and learning a new system. I actually think he'll ask to be traded next season. MaCarron will start and Lock will be drafted. I hope not because I'm a fan of Carr and Mack. Even on other teams I'll root for those to as long as they aren't playing the Raiders. Actually Iif he's traded then Oakland should keep the Raiders name and we should move and be called Las Vegas Gamblers because that's what Gruden is doing. He's gambling our current season away to have a chance of better seasons later. 

Well KC is going to own the AFC West so good luck in the future. There is only now and right now...I BLAME GRUDEN!!!

Archived