Who's your new Packers Headcoach?

jleisher

David Shaw, Stanford.  The guy is solid.  His players seem to show up NFL trained.  Was Stanfords offensive coordinator under Harbaugh, then took over the reigns and they haven't missed a beat.  Also, Shaw will then (in this alternative universe) bring Dave Aranda in as DC.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Doesn't matter who the coach is. Packers need a major upgrade in talent. WRs are slow. Interior OL is shaky. No pass rush. 

That's not really the OP thought here though is it?

Who's your pick for coach IF, big IF, the Packers went down that road?

I'm generally fine with how MM runs the Packers.  There is a lot to like.  I like how he treats his vets.  I think he manages different personalities well.  I think he does pay attention to detail.  I like MM the head coach.

With that being said, we need an OC who can bring in a modern NFL offense.  MM isn't going to let that happen under his tenure.  I'd like to see an OC attack a the weakness of a defense instead of running his favorite 20 plays every game.  (It was no accident that Gruden ran off-tackle on almost every run in the first half.  He clearly saw something and abused our edge defenders for two straight quarters until his starting RT went down.)  I'd like to see an OC use all available talent instead of the same 5 skill position players for 90% of the game.  

So yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing someone different give it a shot. 

What about Mike Pettine?  

He's a leader.  The players certainly seem to like him and how he operates.  It would give the defense some continuity.  It would allow him to bring in some fresh ideas/modern offense at OC.  

Archived