Marcus Peters day-to-day; Talib to IR

RamRod

10 minutes ago, Riftty said:

This is truly a blessing. The Vikings game could be tough but I think we will make it through that month fairly easy. Do we add a corner to the roster for depth?

Possibly bring up Hatfield from the practice squad

38 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

No thanks

Unfortunately, no new signing is going to learn the defensive playbook quickly enough to factor into the Vikings game.  Hatfield's playing in that game - we can just sit back and hope for a limited role on his part.  Depending on how he does in that game we may see him or someone else released and a street free agent brought in after the Thursday game with 10 days to prep ahead of being needed in action.

We have the depth, so long as Shields bubblewraps his head between game-days.  Wade, fortunately, is experienced in dealing with these type of situations (and did last season - albeit not as well as we would prefer but we were also down to our #5 and #6 CB's at one point).  Also, I do believe we may have found a place/role for Barron who we should be getting back soon.

26 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Unfortunately, no new signing is going to learn the defensive playbook quickly enough to factor into the Vikings game.  Hatfield's playing in that game - we can just sit back and hope for a limited role on his part.  Depending on how he does in that game we may see him or someone else released and a street free agent brought in after the Thursday game with 10 days to prep ahead of being needed in action.

We have the depth, so long as Shields bubblewraps his head between game-days.  Wade, fortunately, is experienced in dealing with these type of situations (and did last season - albeit not as well as we would prefer but we were also down to our #5 and #6 CB's at one point).  Also, I do believe we may have found a place/role for Barron who we should be getting back soon.

Shields, Hill and NRC will likely man the CB spots and we'll see more of the safeties on than anything. Joyner we know can cover the slot he's done it before and Christian along with Countess will get more snaps in that scenario. The likelihood we move somebody off the practice squad IMO is slim to none. Talib could possibly be put on IR to return but that means either Cooper or Thomas have to go on season ending IR. With Peters day to day I just don't see them moving anybody off the PS to the 53 man roster.

Archived