Jump to content
RamRod

Marcus Peters day-to-day; Talib to IR

Recommended Posts

If we could have him against the Packers or Saints it would be great. The next 4 games i think we don't need him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer, was hoping to see Diggs/Thielen against him.

Good that he'll only miss a few weeks though and nothing more serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is truly a blessing. The Vikings game could be tough but I think we will make it through that month fairly easy. Do we add a corner to the roster for depth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Riftty said:

This is truly a blessing. The Vikings game could be tough but I think we will make it through that month fairly easy. Do we add a corner to the roster for depth?

Possibly bring up Hatfield from the practice squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RamRod said:

Possibly bring up Hatfield from the practice squad

No thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings game will be tough, but it gets easier after that. Shields and Hill can hold their own, but we'll need a pass rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

No thanks

Unfortunately, no new signing is going to learn the defensive playbook quickly enough to factor into the Vikings game.  Hatfield's playing in that game - we can just sit back and hope for a limited role on his part.  Depending on how he does in that game we may see him or someone else released and a street free agent brought in after the Thursday game with 10 days to prep ahead of being needed in action.

We have the depth, so long as Shields bubblewraps his head between game-days.  Wade, fortunately, is experienced in dealing with these type of situations (and did last season - albeit not as well as we would prefer but we were also down to our #5 and #6 CB's at one point).  Also, I do believe we may have found a place/role for Barron who we should be getting back soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Unfortunately, no new signing is going to learn the defensive playbook quickly enough to factor into the Vikings game.  Hatfield's playing in that game - we can just sit back and hope for a limited role on his part.  Depending on how he does in that game we may see him or someone else released and a street free agent brought in after the Thursday game with 10 days to prep ahead of being needed in action.

We have the depth, so long as Shields bubblewraps his head between game-days.  Wade, fortunately, is experienced in dealing with these type of situations (and did last season - albeit not as well as we would prefer but we were also down to our #5 and #6 CB's at one point).  Also, I do believe we may have found a place/role for Barron who we should be getting back soon.

Shields, Hill and NRC will likely man the CB spots and we'll see more of the safeties on than anything. Joyner we know can cover the slot he's done it before and Christian along with Countess will get more snaps in that scenario. The likelihood we move somebody off the practice squad IMO is slim to none. Talib could possibly be put on IR to return but that means either Cooper or Thomas have to go on season ending IR. With Peters day to day I just don't see them moving anybody off the PS to the 53 man roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like we’ll be without Talib for some time. If we can get back Peters soon with Shields on the other side and NRC in slot still won’t be in too bad shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peters day to day? Get like 8 massages and some of Aaron Rodgers pills he took at half time and get out there and win us a game lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Riftty said:

Peters day to day? Get like 8 massages and some of Aaron Rodgers pills he took at half time and get out there and win us a game lol

I wouldn’t risk it.. Season is long and we got the West on lock. Rest him for 3-4 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×