Marcus Peters day-to-day; Talib to IR

RamRod

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

I wouldn’t risk it.. Season is long and we got the West on lock. Rest him for 3-4 weeks.

Why would you rest someone who is slotted as day-to-day for four weeks?  I understand him not playing Thursday night even if he can play, just as a precaution, but their next game is ten days later.  That's plenty of time for a day-to-day diagnosis.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Why would you rest someone who is slotted as day-to-day for four weeks?  I understand him not playing Thursday night even if he can play, just as a precaution, but their next game is ten days later.  That's plenty of time for a day-to-day diagnosis.

I prefer him to be healthy at 100% rather than playing him  too sonn and reinjured again. 

53 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I would shift NRC to outside opposite Shields. Put Joyner in the slot which he's played before and have Christian(who's playing a lot) and Johnson on the back end. But that's just me.

That's a great idea. But MN might test us deep. 

48 minutes ago, El ramster said:

That's a great idea. But MN might test us deep. 

Deep passes= 5 step drops=Donald/Suh/Brockers getting home. That will be a fun battle to watch though if that's what they decide to do. I haven't seen many deep drops against us besides maybe Rivers TD to Williams last week.  Everyone else is getting the ball out in under 3 sec.

Update on Talib doesn’t sound promising. Hopefully he can be ready for playoffs. 

Talib isn’t a guy I feel like is in future plans. This always seemed like this would be his only year with us. Hopefully this isn’t the last of him as a Ram.

17 hours ago, RamRod said:

Talib isn’t a guy I feel like is in future plans. This always seemed like this would be his only year with us. Hopefully this isn’t the last of him as a Ram.

I dont know why you wouldnt think Talib wasnt in the plans for next year? Sure he could be cut free and clear, but a good starting CB (assuming health) at like $8m for one year is a pretty good deal

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont know why you wouldnt think Talib wasnt in the plans for next year? Sure he could be cut free and clear, but a good starting CB (assuming health) at like $8m for one year is a pretty good deal

I guess thought since he was an older player he was like a rental for a SB run.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, BStanRamFan said:

I would shift NRC to outside opposite Shields. Put Joyner in the slot which he's played before and have Christian(who's playing a lot) and Johnson on the back end. But that's just me.

That's a terrible idea, especially against the Vikes. 

13 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I'm not fan of this...the injury looked bad and i would have prefer they sit him 1 week minimum to get some rest. 

I hope they don't rush him and get injured very bad tonight...

The key word is “looked bad”. I’ve watched LeBron roll his ankle up and it looked bad. He just walked it off and kept playing. Peters strained his calf. It wasn’t an ankle. If Peters feels good then I don’t want our best corner to feel good in street clothes. He needs to be out there. It’s called toughness which this team is all about. Plus McVay is smart. He isn’t going to put him out there if it’s a risky. So I’m happy if Peters can go. That increases the Rams chances to win because one of our studs is out there playing and if he feels good then that is all that matters. He will have 10 days to rest after tonight’s game. 

Archived