Tony Romo - A Football Life

WizardHawk

12 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

There were many here who were content with that

I wasn't necessarily. Very tough decision when you're winning though. But I think one hell of an effort should have (if it wasn't) been made to talk Tony into remain patient and see what shook out. And now we have and it's ugly. I realized that's an extreme and damn near unlikely and not realistic. But it would have also helped him heal longer. Would our O-line have gotten him killed or would Tony's better play helped the line or disguised there "bad play".

13 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Garrett can't handle controversy. Had we allowed Romo to partake in a legitimate QB competition with Dak in practice, he would've smoked him and gotten his job back, obviously. But then he would've gotten hurt again and we'd have gone back to Dak. Inconsequential? Maybe. But this is also in large part why we don't pursue outside free agents of consequence, IMO. This team's chemistry is too fragile.

19 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Present.

I thought he was done. Still do. My thought was he was made of glass.

Can we talk about the league switching to flag football for QBs AFTER ROMO RETIRES!? Screw you NFL. Where were these rules when our QB hurt his Pinky!!??

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Man. I am so upset. One Ring. One ring and we would have witnessed one of the greatest stories ever: From Undrafted to Greatest to don the Star. 

One Ring and Romo would have been heralded as the best QB in Cowboys History.

Witten. Romo. Ware. The three pillars Jerry failed. 

He would of gotten that ring if Dak was the one benched instead of Romo

34 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Falcons were at home when they played GB. They would of had to travel to Dallas. 

The Falcons went insane for ~6 quarters of football. They killed Rodgers while putting up like 40 points. And then killed the Pats all the way up to the point they forgot how to run. 

Go back and revisit the threads during the Falcons game. Most of us were all saying the same thing: "glad were not the sacrificial lamb to the dirty birds."... They were a better team than us. But obviously this is all speculation. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

The Falcons went insane for ~6 quarters of football. They killed Rodgers while putting up like 40 points. And then killed the Pats all the way up to the point they forgot how to run. 

Go back and revisit the threads during the Falcons game. Most of us were all saying the same thing: "glad were not the sacrificial lamb to the dirty birds."... They were a better team than us. But obviously this is all speculation. 

Dallas would of surely put up a much better fight than the fudge packers. The way Dallas ran the ball that year they could have limited Matty ice time on the field. But they was surely clicking at the right time.

Archived