Tony Romo - A Football Life

WizardHawk

11 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Dallas would of surely put up a much better fight than the fudge packers. The way Dallas ran the ball that year they could have limited Matty ice time on the field. But they was surely clicking at the right time.

Pretty sure SL was still the coach, and he forgets how to run the ball as well. I think Zeke had 8 touches the first half of that game. It wasn't till the 2nd half that we started running it, which opened up Dez and we clawed our way back.  I still believe that had we pounded the rock in the first half instead of making Dak toe to toe with ARod then we would win that game.

On 9/25/2018 at 6:51 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Man. I am so upset. One Ring. One ring and we would have witnessed one of the greatest stories ever: From Undrafted to Greatest to don the Star. 

One Ring and Romo would have been heralded as the best QB in Cowboys History.

Witten. Romo. Ware. The three pillars Jerry failed. 

I'll go to my grave believing that the NFL intentionally robbed Dallas on that Dez Bryant call. 

Maybe we beat Atlanta at home the next week, maybe we don't. But I would've been satisfied with Romo's career if he could've lead us to one NFC Championship Game. The bobbled FG, the Crayton drop, the Murray fumble, and the Dez catch... While Romo doesn't deserve the blame for the past playoff failures, he isn't completely absolved either. Those playoff moments do inherently play a part in how Tony Romo will be remembered by Cowboys fans. 

A lot of Cowboys fans were hard on Romo (myself included), but I think it was because most of us recognized his talent. Tony Romo had borderline Hall of Fame talent, which is why so many fans wanted more from him. This is why that infamous press conference after the 44-6 loss to the Eagles (where Romo said football isn't everything), the off-season golfing and the '07 Cabo trip became huge stories and split us fans down the middle. If Romo was able to fully put it together, even for one season, he would've been a legend (ala Dirk Nowitzki) in Dallas. He just couldn't do it...

Just watched the episode, man, I miss Bill Parcells. If the man didnt retire and with Romo at the helm we could probably have won a superbowl or atleast reached the big stage. 

Of course, the speech of Romo during the '16 season was dramatic. Wish he was still with the team 

Archived