Around the NFL - Week 4

WizardHawk

Much better chance we get him now that he cant be traded to the Chiefs. And he should be healed by the offseason assuming it is a broken leg. All around maybe a blessing in disguise even for ET3. He gets a nice pay check without risking any sort of long term damage to his body.

C Ridley with another 2 tds. His value seemingly was lower because he didn't have great combine numbers but that kid can definitely play.

Also I don't see how Khalil Mack isnt the MVP early on this point. The plays he's making consistently is out of this world. I can't remember a defensive player having so much of an impact, especially with a new team

anyone watching MNF would be impressed with P Mahomes, but seeing how important TE Kelce is to the passing game makes realize even more how important Witten was to Romo and Dallas. 

If Dallas ever wants to get their offense up a level or two, we need a topnotch TE. It just opens up passing lanes all over the field,as well as running lanes forte RBs.

I hope next draft is a good year for TEs.

7 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

anyone watching MNF would be impressed with P Mahomes, but seeing how important TE Kelce is to the passing game makes realize even more how important Witten was to Romo and Dallas. 

If Dallas ever wants to get their offense up a level or two, we need a topnotch TE. It just opens up passing lanes all over the field,as well as running lanes forte RBs.

I hope next draft is a good year for TEs.

TBH, a  lot of teams dont win with a Kelce/Gronk/Witten type, but they do add another dynamic for sure. 

Last 10 superbowls and the 20+ TEs that played:

2017: Rob Gronkowski and Zach Ertz

2016: Rob Gronkowski(replaced by MartyB) and Austin Hooper.

(We were knocked out of the playoffs this year by a nice sideline catch from J.Cook; the Packers TE.)

2015: Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham(replaced by Luke Wilson*)

2014: Zach Miller and Julius Thomas

2013: Dennis Pitta and Vernan Davis 

2012: Rob Gronkowski/Aaron Hernandez and Jake Ballard*

2011: Heath Miller and Andrew Quarless*

2010: Jeremy Shockey and Dallas Clark

2009: Heath Miller and Leonard Pope

2008: Benjamin Watson, and Kevin Boss*

Of the 24 TEs mentioned above only 4 would I put on the same level as a Swaim or Jarwin.

That is the 2008 and 2012 Giants. Neither of those Giants teams featured a TE that was any better or worse that what we have currently. But I think we can all agree that them making the playoffs at 9-7 and barely scraping by to eventually upset Tom Brady TWICE is not only an incredible improbability but really hard to model after.

The Seahawks started Luke Wilson in 2015 but that's only because Jimmy Graham got hurt.

And the Packers in 2011. Who started a JAG at TE, but had prime Rodgers, and in fact didn't start a TE at all. They opened up 3 wide with James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and Greg Jennings saw action before any TE.

So besides the Giants and 1 loaded Packers WR corp, yes most teams win WITH a good TE. A good TE is a QBs best friend. The worse the QB the more he needs friends.

It's not the teams fault Witten retired, and they've drafted several guys like MartyB, Fasano, and Escobar to try to help this but they were caught with their pants down cutting Dez and Witten retiring right after. Doh!!

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Last 10 superbowls and the 20+ TEs that played:

2017: Rob Gronkowski and Zach Ertz

2016: Rob Gronkowski(replaced by MartyB) and Austin Hooper.

(We were knocked out of the playoffs this year by a nice sideline catch from J.Cook; the Packers TE.)

2015: Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham(replaced by Luke Wilson*)

2014: Zach Miller and Julius Thomas

2013: Dennis Pitta and Vernan Davis 

2012: Rob Gronkowski/Aaron Hernandez and Jake Ballard*

2011: Heath Miller and Andrew Quarless*

2010: Jeremy Shockey and Dallas Clark

2009: Heath Miller and Leonard Pope

2008: Benjamin Watson, and Kevin Boss*

Of the 24 TEs mentioned above only 4 would I put on the same level as a Swaim or Jarwin.

That is the 2008 and 2012 Giants. Neither of those Giants teams featured a TE that was any better or worse that what we have currently. But I think we can all agree that them making the playoffs at 9-7 and barely scraping by to eventually upset Tom Brady TWICE is not only an incredible improbability but really hard to model after.

The Seahawks started Luke Wilson in 2015 but that's only because Jimmy Graham got hurt.

And the Packers in 2011. Who started a JAG at TE, but had prime Rodgers, and in fact didn't start a TE at all. They opened up 3 wide with James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and Greg Jennings saw action before any TE.

So besides the Giants and 1 loaded Packers WR corp, yes most teams win WITH a good TE. A good TE is a QBs best friend. The worse the QB the more he needs friends.

It's not the teams fault Witten retired, and they've drafted several guys like MartyB, Fasano, and Escobar to try to help this but they were caught with their pants down cutting Dez and Witten retiring right after. Doh!!

You do see the obvi flaw in this that the TE of Manning/Brady gets to come along for the ride, right?

On 9/28/2018 at 11:42 AM, CAPJ said:

Anyone else see Bailey was perfect last night?

Zimmer reportedly made a comment that he hasnt seen Bailey miss since joining the team.

Happy for him. Not happy for us.

*Sigh*

We saved $3m and have got basically the same results. Why arent you happy?

Archived