Officially Jimmy Garoppolo tore his ACL

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Ugh. Get better ASAP, Jimmy. See you again next season.

Sigh.

Drains the hope right out of the season, IMO. Another ugly 'play for the draft' season. We've had far too many.

Well, on the bright side, Lynch has shown that he's better at drafting than Baalke, so there's that. 

Thomas flashes potential and is becoming a top-tier run defender, but Saleh won't play him where he fits best. Reuben is a star in the making but is soft, and McGlinchey is rating out as one of the top RT in the league so far. I think it's entirely way too early to critique his first round picks, but what make's you think he's bad at picking players in the first round?

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Reuben is soft? Soft is the last word I would use to describe him lol. Though he does seem to milk his injuries on the field and make a big scene....only to return a play later.

Soft as in can't play a full game without getting hurt. Can we realistically trust that Reuben will play a full 16 game season consistently? I remember hearing about how players last year were questioning his toughness and leadership. I love Reuben as a player and think he can outshine both Willis and Bowman with his on-field play, but he can't be compared to those two in the toughness department. 

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Soft as in can't play a full game without getting hurt. Can we realistically trust that Reuben will play a full 16 game season consistently? I remember hearing about how players last year were questioning his toughness and leadership. I love Reuben as a player and think he can outshine both Willis and Bowman with his on-field play, but he can't be compared to those two in the toughness department. 

Well, he can't play 16 games because he is so reckless. May benefit him to play a little "softer" actually.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, he can't play 16 games because he is so reckless. May benefit him to play a little "softer" actually.

His recklessness is sometimes a plus because he's willing to deliver a big hit or put his body in conflict because he trusts his abilities. I love that in a player, but there has to be some way he doesn't need to come off the field each time he stubs his toe.

To the original point, I don't see any reason to question Lynch and his abilities to pick players in the first round. His first two full drafts have produced quite a few starters and significant contributors, not to mention key UDFAs. The only bad pick in his first two drafts was Joe Williams and he was someone Lynch wasn't sold on to begin with.

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Reuben is soft? Soft is the last word I would use to describe him lol. Though he does seem to milk his injuries on the field and make a big scene....only to return a play later.

Last year he probably shouldn't have been playing with his shoulder injured. 

He got the wind knocked out of him yesterday, so you can't blame him for needing a little bit of time then coming immediately back into the game. 

Ruben Foster isn't soft lol 

Archived