Officially Jimmy Garoppolo tore his ACL

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Last year he probably shouldn't have been playing with his shoulder injured. 

He got the wind knocked out of him yesterday, so you can't blame him for needing a little bit of time then coming immediately back into the game. 

Ruben Foster isn't soft lol 

He's no roody-poo, that's for sure! Lol 

Gutted. He was clearly struggling compared to last year, but he was still showing flashes of brilliance and was starting to get into a groove @ KC. I think he would have kept showing progression, but now we'll have to wait until next season for it. 

I was not impressed with CJ last year, but who knows, maybe he's progressed. He did throw a gutsy TD on 4th and goal before a horrendous PI call. But i don't have high hopes.

Just hope Jimmy fully recovers for 2019, and we can shore up our defense in the offseason, maybe another WR & OG help on offense with McGlinchey & all our other youngsters developing

So heartbreaking this injury is. For the people who say he wasn't doing good, well let's see how good they are without him and you will have your answer there.

C.J. is a tough/scrappy QB. His ceiling isn't as high as Jimmy's but I'll take him. 

Anyone has thoughts on how this affects things moving forward with Jimmy? I mean providing recovery goes well he's the man in 2019 right?

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Those of us who are disappointed with his play compared to last December are fully aware it will not get any better without Jimmy. 

:( It's basically another 'play for the draft' year, as far as I can see....so sick of those. Hopefully, CJ shows some improvement over his performance from last year.

Hopefully CJ shows some improvement over his performance from the preseason. 

It's kind of interesting as Beathard has had more learning time and on-field experience in this offense than Jimmy G. That's not to say he's going to lead us to the playoffs, but I'm curious what a full offseason with Shannahan and Jimmy G did for Beathard. I know he didn't ball out in the preseason, but I think it's foolish to base our opinions off of a preseason performance when it's pretty common to see guys lay a turd in the preseason, then go on to have a productive regular season. 

Again, not expecting Beathard to light up the stat sheet, but I'm hoping for some progression from last season. 

Archived