Week 4: Chucky v. Bakermania

ReggieCamp

Who you got?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

the issue I have with the sneak, you are hoping the refs spot the ball properly. Can the Browns properly trust the refs to properly spot the ball when they couldnt properly do it on the play and after a review? 

Well, the refs called it a first, the reviewers saw enough evidence to overturn it (which Hue said was the right call after looking at it). You can't really change what you think you should do based on officiating. Some of us think the game situation in that game says punt and others don't. I would almost never go for it there, but in that game I would have.

What if we were up by one? Would you go for it or punt it? If you don't get the first you almost certainly lose. If you punt there is a decent chance you lose. Would that change your opinion or would you still punt and hope you defense comes up with the stop? I usually would play to win and in this game in that situation I didn't and wouldn't hesitate to try to end the game with my offense on the field. Other games I may trust the defense, I didn't in this one.

I have no problem with the 4th down call and it's a tired talking point on local sports radio right now.  We were on our own 20, the ball was almost a full yard from the 1st, the Raiders needed 8 points.  The odds were still stacked in our favor with the decision to punt.

Denzel Rice unfortunately gets clipped on the return (although he sucks and probably wouldn't have made the tackle anyways).  They get good field position.  Really poor tackling allows the Raiders to get out of bounds on at least 1 play I can think of.  Defense allows a TD in less than 2 minutes.  Fantastic catch by Nelson to convert the 2.  It's a really tough loss but it's not on the coaching staff for not going for it on 4th.  Sorry this is all sparse thoughts, but I don't think we had a better chance of slamming the ball for a yard than stopping them from going what should have been ~60 yards for a TD and a 2 point.  I'd say figuratively we had over a 65% shot of winning with either decision, and we happened to lose taking the better bet.  Knowing the outcome of option A makes B seem like a better choice in hindsight because the game was in our lap.

Just when I was FINALLY calming down from last week debacle - THIS comes out. Talk about putting sand back in the vaseline. It's over. Admitting error now is pointless - not going to change a thing .

Incompetent dolts with a serious agenda to bone the Browns - again.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2799338-nfl-admits-browns-should-have-been-given-controversial-fumble-recovery

21 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Just when I was FINALLY calming down from last week debacle - THIS comes out. Talk about putting sand back in the vaseline. It's over. Admitting error now is pointless - not going to change a thing .

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2799338-nfl-admits-browns-should-have-been-given-controversial-fumble-recovery

This was pretty obvious when it happened tbh.

You knew we got screwed and you knew the NFL would tell us about it after the fact.

Not sure the point of them doing that tbh.

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You knew we got screwed and you knew the NFL would tell us about it after the fact.

Yeah, that isn't one they need to clarify, especially 5 days later. We all knew at the first replay (at the latest) that they screwed it up. I just wish they would have had a conference because you would think someone else would have had to have seen it since it was so obvious. They picked up the hitting a defenseless receiver call and this was more clear.

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hopefully enough of these announcements will mean the zebras think twice before making such **** calls.

12 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

If anything, this particular miscall helped us.

Chubb scored his second TD on the ensuing drive. It took more time off the clock and sealed Chubb's rookie of the week bid.

So, admitting fault in this case did not screw us in anyway. No reason to be upset over this news...

Archived