Ravens sign Hroniss Grasu

diamondbull424

I liked him as a draft prospect. Then I saw how he was pushed around with the Bears. He is a center who has to rely on a specific system, and I don't think he fit with what we are doing atm.

If he is going to start, I think we will make some changes to how we block.

7 minutes ago, Danand said:

I liked him as a draft prospect. Then I saw how he was pushed around with the Bears. He is a center who has to rely on a specific system, and I don't think he fit with what we are doing atm.

If he is going to start, I think we will make some changes to how we block.

Yeah, when he came out I thought he would be a good fit in the ZBS we deployed at the time, but it’ll be interesting to see how he fits with our current scheme. Though outside of Brown, we do have a rather athletic OL and thus it’s possible we start taking advantage of a few more zone runs. The zone works well with the run option system we currently deploy.

That all said Grasu is still talented, he’s just been highly injury prone to this point. We saw Jensen come around after some earlier struggles, though his durability problems seemed to stem from sleep apnea. I’m not as confident in Grasu, but we also didn’t spend a 3rd round pick on him.

I want to say Grasu theoretically won't work with the line given the type of blocker he is, but hey the team is starting Skura at center. Another guy in the same mold. Who knows, I still trust in Roman and D'Allessandris. 

However, Grasu definitely won't work if he plays anything like he did in Chicago. It was bad. He's also 27 so it's not like there's a lot of maturing potential left either. Probably just a depth move. Curious given Bozeman seems to be only center depth too, but whatever. Everybody else except Stanley can play more than one position.

Given that Harbaugh revealed in pre season that Bozeman is not ready to start and the fact that Lewis has looked less than impressive at LG, the signing of Grasu could potentially mean that we’re considering moving Skura to LG to replace Lewis.

15 minutes ago, Rein said:

Given that Harbaugh revealed in pre season that Bozeman is not ready to start and the fact that Lewis has looked less than impressive at LG, the signing of Grasu could potentially mean that we’re considering moving Skura to LG to replace Lewis.

I would hope they would move Hurst to LG and put Brown in at RT before they would do something like that.

Archived