2018 Freshman Class

Mox

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Shoot. I didn't know that, I wasn't meaning to include redshirt freshman.

Yeah it is annoying for sure.  I used to always check ESPN.com for roster info but now do that only for updated stats in games.  Updated roster info with RS information I can only consistently find on ourlads.  Seems to be the only place to find college football roster with that RS information on it.  Even on school websites it does not always include if a player is a RS or not.  

I like a lot of the guys already mentioned. One that hasn't that I'm intrigued by is Jaylen Waddle. He's going to struggle to get looks in the passing game with 3 legit top 3 round WRs right ahead of him but on returns he looks absolutely electric. I can't wait to see him get some looks in the slot maybe some bubble screens. He looks like he can be dynamic.

9 hours ago, mse326 said:

I like a lot of the guys already mentioned. One that hasn't that I'm intrigued by is Jaylen Waddle. He's going to struggle to get looks in the passing game with 3 legit top 3 round WRs right ahead of him but on returns he looks absolutely electric. I can't wait to see him get some looks in the slot maybe some bubble screens. He looks like he can be dynamic.

I agree, Waddle is a very talented player and just as a return man alone Bama has been looking for a consistent one for awhile who was not a starter on defense, aka starting safety or corner.  Nice to have a guy like Waddle who is not the #1 option as a WR, still has decent WR skills but is a very comfortable and speedy return man from what he has shown early this year.  Is not nearly as explosive as Rondale Moore though but still has shown a lot of promise especially as a returner.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

If we do include RS Freshman. WR KJ Hamler for Penn State has been their best Wide Receiver so far this season. A factor in the return game and very much a quick slippery receiver.

Stud, I remember him all the way back to his days at Orchard Lake St. Mary's (HS), has a lot of Tavon Austin to his game

10 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

@Ozzy

How are you a Canes fan, are you?,  and no mention of TE Brevin Jordan? Already blocks well and runs good routes. 

I have not watch him play yet, I will have to check him out.   As for being a Canes fan, no, that is a Sean Taylor specific avatar I have.  I am a huge Sean Taylor fan and he was probably my most favorite college prospect I ever saw play.   Kid was a Hall of Fame talent all the way, a shame he died way too young...

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I have not watch him play yet, I will have to check him out.   As for being a Canes fan, no, that is a Sean Taylor specific avatar I have.  I am a huge Sean Taylor fan and he was probably my most favorite college prospect I ever saw play.   Kid was a Hall of Fame talent all the way, a shame he died way too young...

I got into football after ST26 passed but from everything I've heard and saw I'd say you're absolutely right.

I dont know if you took a look at TE Christopher Herndon from this past draft but Brevin is basically built in the same mold. Just a hair shorter.

17 hours ago, Ajayii said:

@Ozzy

How are you a Canes fan, are you?,  and no mention of TE Brevin Jordan? Already blocks well and runs good routes. 

canes fan here- brevin's been real solid. he'll disappear at times as a true freshman will do, but he's been our full time starting TE and has been effective blocking and catching the ball as a true frosh. n'kosi perry showed a bit of a rapport with him and now that he's the starter i think jordan has the chance to put up some really solid numbers this year. we also have a ton of talent at WR so at this point we tend to look their way before him, so he's really not the focal point of the offense- but as he continues to get more and more comfortable (as he has been doing) i'm excited to see what he can do.

• 3 weeks later...

Amon Ra St. Brown - Golden Tate 2.0

Trevor Lawrence - reminds me of a more mobile Peyton Manning; looks like the #1 overall pick in 2021

Justin Fields - 6'2" Cam Newton

Overall this looks like a very talented freshmen class.  The 2021 and 2022 drafts should be great.

Archived