Another Hurdle to Pass. A Week 4 GDT

LeeEvans

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

The offensive play calling has been pretty baffling all season. I know Allen has a cannon and Daboll obviously wants to utilize it but we've got to have some short routes to try and cover up our awful offensive line.

A big reason he's being killed is that we have no timing routes or anything resembling a quick game. This entire offense needs to be shotgun or 3-step based because Josh clearly A) cannot run a full 7-step style offense that covers the entire field and B) because he's going to be sacked 85 times.

25 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

A big reason he's being killed is that we have no timing routes or anything resembling a quick game. This entire offense needs to be shotgun or 3-step based because Josh clearly A) cannot run a full 7-step style offense that covers the entire field and B) because he's going to be sacked 85 times.

I agree with your take on what the offensive game plan should be with this awful line, but I don't think Allen can execute a quick read offense. His same flaws that he had in college are showing up on Sundays. He still can't make simple reads and simple throws. He holds on to the ball way too long. His blitz awareness is laughable. He has zero touch on short or intermediate throws. This offensive line deserves a lot of blame, however when Allen is taken out of his comfort zone he reverts back to his fundamental flaws.

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Shady getting limited touches yesterday had me waiting for a trade to go down today. Other then team moral, there is no reason to waste Shady on this team this season.

If we drop 2 of the next 3, if not all 3, he had to be traded for any asset. He deserves it.

I agree he should be moved just to respect his career and this is clearly a rebuild. Last week they proved to be able to move the ball with ivory and murphy. This is definitely a rebuild and with his career winding down it doesnt make sense to push him to play 100% on a team that is trying to start fresh. I think a team like Philly or Pitt could use him. Ajayi isnt 100% and is a FA next year trading for Shady has them locked up until 2020 and he would be back with the team he started. Pitt isn't signing leveon and outside of week 1 he has yet to do anything. They can rescind Leveon's tag let him walk and they can get a quality rb for the next 2 years with Connor backing him up. I love shady and would love to keep him but there is no point in keeping him other then him get frustrated and get a circus going. If the bills brass asked if he wants to stay or move on to one of these 2 teams which he would love to be back in Pennsylvania then they should look to move him but if he wants to stay keep him and the fans will continue to support him.  I dont think he would want to go anywhere else outside of that as he was upset knowing he was leaving the state he lived in his whole life.

On 9/30/2018 at 3:52 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

We netted 90 yards passing against one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Jeez, everybody was awful today.

Packers pass defense has been good. A few big plays given up but that’s going to happen with two rookies in the secondary. You just saw today a team with a good D coordinator (finally) and a talented secondary execute the game plan flawlessly. And they didn’t even have King or the signed this week Breeland out there. You’ll see these kinds of performances from the secondary as the season progresses and the young guys get more experience. About time for people to stop thinking this is a Capers defense. Those days are long gone. 

15 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

The offensive play calling has been pretty baffling all season. I know Allen has a cannon and Daboll obviously wants to utilize it but we've got to have some short routes to try and cover up our awful offensive line.

I understand the thought process, but believe it requires receivers who can separate quickly and we simply do not have those. Or maybe it is more accurate to say that the WR's getting on the field don't have that quick burst. Really would like to see Ray Ray get some opportunities. Maybe he could fill that role.

7 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

I understand the thought process, but believe it requires receivers who can separate quickly and we simply do not have those. Or maybe it is more accurate to say that the WR's getting on the field don't have that quick burst. Really would like to see Ray Ray get some opportunities. Maybe he could fill that role.

Everyone is saying that but Kelvin Benjamin was wide open down the field and Josh Allen took forever to go through his progressions until he got to Benjamin and when he threw him the ball he had to come back to it. If he saw him earlier he could have thrown it in stride which would have led to a touchdown. Another one was Zay wide open in the endzone threw his arm up while allen started scrambling and by the time he got the ball off he was covered and ended up throwing the Int in the endzone. Im not saying the WR are amazing but I cannot see them fully blaming them for the poor performance. Allen has to learn to move through his progressions a lot quicker or have Daboll make shorter routes and have allen quickly fire it that way hoping the wr will get there on time. The play calling needs to match up with Allen's strengths and not count on the deep passes as the oline isnt giving him enough time for the wr to get there and when they do he is slow to read who is open. 

Archived