Four Score. Two Rapes. And a Brown Ago

Money

This organization was built on a great foundation. They worked hard to find the winning formula and spent years of hardship to give that blueprint to you. Hard work. Dedication. Teamwork. And leadership. What would Art think of us now? A buncha primadonnas that care more about their stats or their next album instead of the team. Instead of the most important thing winning. You’re a buncha fairies prancing around out there and you should be ashamed of yourselves with your whiny b**** *ss me attitude. Shut your mouth and bring your lunch pail to work. You work hard. You fight for the team. You bring it every day. The other teams will try to break us. The media will try to pull us apart. And the fans will want to peg us to the wall after a bad performance. 53 guys. Through the ups and downs you win and lose as a team.

I’ve grown up here my whole life, and I’ve been going to games since 1995, when I was 6 years old. Sitting up in section 665, Row N, Seat 11. And I couldn’t see a damn thing. We had the big screen to our left, but we were too high up, so we couldn’t see it, and I was blind as a bat, so I watched the game through the binoculars watching the Bus rumble three yards at a time. But it was okay. I had a thermos of hot chocolate, memorized the players in the program, and I was there with my dad.

I’ll always watch this team. But I can’t root for this team. From a player not telling his teammates he’s not showing up for work three days before they go into battle leaving them with their **** in their hands, as a complete display of lack of respect to the organization and franchise that drafted you and made you what you are, to the next teammate – a 6th round pick -  who nobody else gave much thought to that built himself into the best WR since Jerry Rice but has a dark side as a myriad of emotional meltdowns publicly seen and pouts when he doesn’t get enough love. Neither gives a **** about the team. Or how the team performs. Or if we win. As long as they get mines. To Ben – where if he had any leadership or was well liked by his teammates at all – he would be able to reel them in. But he’s a rapist and an a**hole. Confirmed through many stories.

No one is bigger than this franchise. This is a proud well run machine and the saddest part about this all is that they have been the most talented NFL team for the last five years. And in the last 8 years they have three playoff wins. That’s because you got rotten eggs in that locker room. It’s a circus. And it is downright embarrassing. It’s not a circus of talents. It’s a circus of personalities and mercurial behavior and Art Rooney would be ashamed of what we’ve become. We’re more like the Cincinnati Bengals an underperforming circus than the Pittsburgh Steelers. You either move on from the Killer Bees or you move on from Tomlin

If you’re going to go with Tomlin. Then you need to at least give him some talent around him. Where he can have some accountability. Jimmy Lake is the best young defensive coordinator and is at Washington. Formerly worked with Tomlin with TB. He knows talent as he recruits the best DB talent every year and more importantly he develops the talent. We’re getting killed with, for a lack of a better term, by old farts that have been dragging us in the mud as they have been unable to adjust to changing trends and plays of the NFL.

You either have to hold the players accountable. Or you have to hold Tomlin and the staff accountable. Massive turnover is the right path as you can give Colbert the picks and cap space to shake and bake. We’ve been seemingly retooling for the past eight years and only have three playoff wins. The problem is you’re doing it one pick at a time and a quick turnaround is the way to rebuild on the fly. The Steelers have too big of an ego to have a losing season or admit they aren’t going in the right direction and that is costing the franchise. The locker room stinks and there’s only a handful of leaders in that locker room. There’s too much ego and selfishness. And lack of care for preparation, hard work, and discipline. If massive change doesn’t happen, then we will continue to suffer the same fate and to expect a different result is insanity.

Truly yours,

Christopher James O'Rorke aka ORO

We've lost ONE game and you guys are losing it? Sheesh! I'm afraid to be brutally honest due to not knowing everyone's mental, physical, spiritual,  and psychological toughness. Be a fan of the process. Every game shouldn't be won. Learn to grow from the losses as well as the wins.

Archived