Week 4 Bengals @ Falcons

MrCincinnati

5 hours ago, freeman+coleman said:

Hey guys our D is trash so you will be able to score points. Just hope we can score more. 

Anyway we are down our starting MLB, SS, FS & DE

There promises to be lots of scoring from both sides.

With Green nursing a "pelvic" injury (according to the injury report), start Tyler Boyd and Giovani Bernard in fantasy.

For the Falcons, start whoever runs their underneath routes.  Bengals don't give up a lot of home runs, but they give up 15-20 yard chunks all day long.

Here's what we need to do.

We need to attack the middle of the field, much like teams do to us. Except Marvin is never really willing to do it, probably due to fear of turnovers. We change OCs every few years, and still don’t do it.

This could be a huge game for Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah, Gio and Mixon out of the backfield, AJ from the slot, Boyd on crossing routes, and yes, John Ross on rub routes like the Patriots use all the time over the middle. Attack it fervently. If they do, they can win a track meet on the score board.. If we only attack the perimeter, I think Atlanta can cover that well enough to force some points, which ultimately wins them the game.

The other thing we have to do is get TDs over FGs in the red zone, We did it against Indy and won.

21 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

The other thing we have to do is get TDs over FGs in the red zone, We did it against Indy and won.

They've done a good job of this all year really.  Their conversion rate so far is ridiculously high.

EDIT: 7/8 so far this year

3 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Might get my wish with Dre Kirkpatrick missing this game and Tony McRae starting instead.  Although Julio + Ridley, sheesh.  Not a great combo to make your debut against...

That's not good.  Not at all.

Dre isn't great.  But he's at least a little above replacement level.  McRae is replacement level.  That's going to be an issue all day Sunday.

40 minutes ago, theJ said:

We'll probably see Dennard on the outside now, with McRae in the slot.  Which means even more burnage in the 5-15 yard range.

When we need 3 or more DBs, I think Dennard will still be in the slot.  I don't see McRae playing slot at all.  Also, I don't think Dre is much better than McRae.  One of the main reasons is that QBs are not afraid to throw at Dre at all, because even if they throw a bad pass, Dre will just drop it.  So why not keep testing him?

20 hours ago, theJ said:

There promises to be lots of scoring from both sides.

With Green nursing a "pelvic" injury (according to the injury report), start Tyler Boyd and Giovani Bernard in fantasy.

For the Falcons, start whoever runs their underneath routes.  Bengals don't give up a lot of home runs, but they give up 15-20 yard chunks all day long.

My TE is on a bye this week so I picked up Austin Hooper

already have Gio in there because Mixon is hurt

had Gurley and Kupp last night

feeling pretty good about this week

Archived