Everson Griffen Incident

PrplChilPill

Another week with Bower sidelined for his ankle injury, with no true backup DE behind Hunter and Weatherly, and still no one added to the active roster for depth. 

They must be expecting Griffen back soon. One of the home games before the bye (Saints or Lions) would make sense. 

32 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Another week with Bower sidelined for his ankle injury, with no true backup DE behind Hunter and Weatherly, and still no one added to the active roster for depth. 

They must be expecting Griffen back soon. One of the home games before the bye (Saints or Lions) would make sense. 

Hopefully, it will be the Saints game.  I'll be at that game, plus it's always great to beat the cheaters.

10 hours ago, Krauser said:

The rumor I'm hearing is about that (It's a lot of speculation based on Zimmer's comments recently). I think we'd honestly be ok to get him back for the bye week.

4 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

The rumor I'm hearing is about that (It's a lot of speculation based on Zimmer's comments recently). I think we'd honestly be ok to get him back for the bye week.

I'd love to see him back for the Saints game, especially since it's a home game.

With regards to Everson coming back, what side of the line do we put him at? Hunter is a monster going against LTs this year. So do we keep Hunter there and move Everson over or do we move Hunter back over? I think we leave Hunter on the right side and move Everson over to the left let him torture some RTs for a bit. It keeps Hunter where he's been playing great at and allows Everson easier matchups to back up to speed with.

35 minutes ago, vikings209 said:

With regards to Everson coming back, what side of the line do we put him at? Hunter is a monster going against LTs this year. So do we keep Hunter there and move Everson over or do we move Hunter back over? I think we leave Hunter on the right side and move Everson over to the left let him torture some RTs for a bit. It keeps Hunter where he's been playing great at and allows Everson easier matchups to back up to speed with.

I actually think that since Hunter has the ability to so easily move from one side to the other that you move him back to the left side and re-insert Griffen back on the right side.  While Everson certainly played the left side when Jared Allen was starting on the right, that's been 5 years.  I'd wait until after the season before I start considering moving Everson back to the left side on a more permanent basis (moving him into the Robison role in rotating him with Weatherly/Bower)

Archived