Wilkerson ankle injury: reportedly out for season

Cakeshoppe

I believe he was placed in an aircast splint....typically if the initial feeling is a fracture.  Based on the hit, thinking tibia/fibula fracture or ankle fracture of some sort.  Likely transported to hospital for urgent medical attention and possible surgery to relieve nerve or vascular issues that can occur.  

I feel like this team has done really terribly in terms of external free agents and losing time. Looking back:

2017 Davon House 4 games quadricep, shoulder
2017 Ahmad Brooks 4 games concussion, back
2017 RJF failed phisical
2017 Jahri Evans 2 games knee
2017 Quinton Dial 2 games chest
2017 Lance Kendricks    
2017 Martellus Bennett 9 games Shoulder/cowardice
2016 Jared Cook 6 games ankle
2014 Letroy Guion    
2014 Julius Peppers    
2012 Cedric Benson 11 games foot
2012 Jeff Saturday 3 games neck/back
2012 Anthony Hargrove 8 games suspension
2012 Johnny White 7 games concussion

That's a list of every external free agent we've brought in since 2012 (per spotrac) and their lost time during their first season with us (some is just potential lost time because they were cut due to injury or suspension. so 3 out of 14 have made it through their first year with us without missing time.

5 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Age does.  That is a downside of free agency- they typically are older players with a lot of wear and tear on their bodies.

This is (or could be) true in a general sense but I dont think Wilkersons play was showing signs of age deterioration and his injury certainly didnt have anything to do with age.
It's a bad break for him and the team.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is (or could be) true in a general sense but I dont think Wilkersons play was showing signs of age deterioration and his injury certainly didnt have anything to do with age.
It's a bad break for him and the team.

Leader, I like you asa poster, but sometimes you have to pay attention to context.

My comment was a response to the list of free agents and their injuries, and the ensuing comments.  

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Leader, I like you asa poster, but sometimes you have to pay attention to context. My comment was a response to the list of free agents and their injuries, and the ensuing comments. 

:)  I actually realized that.  I was simply commenting - using the context you'd provided - to make my own separate comment about Wilkerson.

39 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Age does.  That is a downside of free agency- they typically are older players with a lot of wear and tear on their bodies.

Would you stop posting such reasonable statements?!?!  It really slows down the emotional, snarky, sarcastic comments that the usual suspects apparently need to utter.  When you think, pause and respond you aren't going to get to use 'crap', f***ing, sh***y or any of the other incredibly insightful adjectives available to the snark crowd.

Rags- you're such a wet blanket.;)

15 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I've heard this is similar to the OBJ injury of last year. If it makes him cheap again for next year I have no issues with him returning.

The guy has done nothing this year so why would anyone in their right mind be thinking ab out resigning this guy.  It was worth a shot and too bad he got hurt. 

Archived