Something Is Wrong With Everson Griffen

ILoveTheVikings

https://kstp.com/sports/source-viking-everson-griffen-involved-in-incident-at-minneapolis-hotel-team-concerned-about-well-being/5083092/

The Minnesota Vikings say they are concerned about the well-being of one of their star players after hearing he was involved in an incident this weekend.     

Sources confirmed to 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that defensive end Everson Griffen was involved in an incident at the Hotel Ivy on Saturday.

If the police let him go after the first incident, I'd have to think that it wasn't drug related...but a second incident?

The only thing I can think of that could explain this is a mental illness, but I don't believe that has ever been an issue for Griffen. 

Seems weird you can threaten to shoot someone but there’s no charges or arrest because he didn’t have a gun. Police just let him leave? 

Weird. Hope they get him some help, if this is true obviously he’s got some issues he needs to take care of.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

Seems weird you can threaten to shoot someone but there’s no charges or arrest because he didn’t have a gun. Police just let him leave? 

Weird. Hope they get him some help, if this is true obviously he’s got some issues he needs to take care of.

It's likely that hotel staff didn't want him charged, they just wanted him removed. 

15 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

https://kstp.com/sports/source-viking-everson-griffen-involved-in-incident-at-minneapolis-hotel-team-concerned-about-well-being/5083092/

If the police let him go after the first incident, I'd have to think that it wasn't drug related...but a second incident?

The only thing I can think of that could explain this is a mental illness, but I don't believe that has ever been an issue for Griffen. 

Unfortunately no way to diagnose it while the patient is living, but this sounds like common symptoms of cte.  I honestly don't know how the NFL is going to survive another 50 years without drastic changes.

15 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Unfortunately no way to diagnose it while the patient is living, but this sounds like common symptoms of cte.  I honestly don't know how the NFL is going to survive another 50 years without drastic changes.

CTE does NOT cause acute psychosis. I’m not sure it causes anything for that matter...it is a pathology diagnosis and not a clinical diagnosis. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

CTE does NOT cause acute psychosis. I’m not sure it causes anything for that matter...it is a pathology diagnosis and not a clinical diagnosis. 

I realize that we don't know a lot, but you can't ignore the unusual suicide rate, the out of character violent acts, that seem to correlate with post mortem care diagnosis.  Why we are seeing it earlier could be related to the early age my generation started playing tackle football.  Prior to my generation kids started playing in high school.  My generation was the first of the pop warner.  

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I realize that we don't know a lot, but you can't ignore the unusual suicide rate, the out of character violent acts, that seem to correlate with post mortem care diagnosis.  Why we are seeing it earlier could be related to the early age my generation started playing tackle football.  Prior to my generation kids started playing in high school.  My generation was the first of the pop warner.  

What about all the people in seattle? Soldiers? Friend just lost her BF to suicide. 

All the folks in San Bernardino!? Huge numbers in suicide. CTE? I doubt it. Some folks are wired diff. Deff doesn’t help but hard to pin point it.

Just now, El ramster said:

What about all the people in seattle? Soldiers? Friend just lost her BF to suicide. 

All the folks in San Bernardino!? Huge numbers in suicide. CTE? I doubt it. Some folks are wired diff. Deff doesn’t help but hard to pin point it.

Rammy, pro football players are disproportionate to all of them.  There is definitely something up here.  

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

If it was just mental illness developing you would expect it to be proportional to the rest of society.  The fact is disproportionate is what is the red flag.

I can't pretend to know where your numbers come from, but pro football players all pretty much live their lives in the public eye. For a non professional athlete it's far easier for mental illness to go undiagnosed. 

Archived