Something Is Wrong With Everson Griffen

ILoveTheVikings

I don’t like to talk about people’s specific medical problems online because it could be confused as medical advice, which it’s not. But I think it’s worth mentioning that post concussive symptoms are common. Even folks with mild TBIs (even folks with no loss of conscious) can have debilitating post concussive symptoms. Often headaches and lack of sleep are a huge deal and it can contribute to a vicious cycle of depression, lack of concentration, and bunch of other symptoms. You do an MRI of the persons head...normal. You do an autopsy...likely normal. What people think is CTE in themselves is post concussive (TBI) symptoms. If you die and your brain looks like mush...then I’d consider CTE as a pathology diagnosis. But in really, whether someone has a pathology diagnosis of CTE or doesn’t is irrelevant from a treatment standpoint. The reason CTE is important is for litigation. It’s something objective to attach to a lawsuit. But it doesn’t help the living...and in all likelihood the person missed the opportunity for quality mental health and/or brain rehabilitation.

If it’s not supported by medical evidence...it might as well fall under the category of homeopathy. I couldn’t tell you the amount of pre-clinical trial medical folklore that has proven not only to be inaccurate but also dangerous to patients after clinical trials. 

EDIT: Sorry half my message got cut off

9 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I don’t like to talk about people’s specific medical problems online because it could be confused as medical advice, which it’s not. But I think it’s worth mentioning that post concussive symptoms are common. Even folks with mild TBIs (even folks with no loss of conscious) can have debilitating post concussive symptoms. Often headaches and lack of sleep are a huge deal and it can contribute to a vicious cycle of depression, lack of concentration, and bunch of other symptoms. You do an MRI of the persons head...normal. You do an autopsy...likely normal. What people think is CTE in themselves is post concussive (TBI) symptoms. If you die and your brain looks like mush...then I’d consider CTE as a pathology diagnosis. But in really, whether someone has a pathology diagnosis of CTE or doesn’t is irrelevant from a treatment standpoint. The reason CTE is important is for litigation. It’s something objective to attach to a lawsuit. But it doesn’t help the living...and in all likelihood the person missed the opportunity for quality mental health and/or brain rehabilitation.

If it’s not supported by medical evidence...it might as well fall under the category of homeopathy. I couldn’t tell you the amount of pre-clinical trial medical folklore that has proven not only to be 

im not sure if this was you replying to my question and a wrong button got hit which ive done a few times... but it didnt really answer.

you made a really definitive statement about cte not causing acute psychosis. what "proof" is there on that? have there been extensive studies and if so jow many?

A police report from Minnetrista, Minnesota states that Vikings director of player development Les Pico informed police that the team told Griffen and his representation on Thursday that he was not allowed back with the team until he underwent a mental health evaluation. Those associated with Griffen stated in the report that "he has not been himself for the past few weeks, was told that he needed to get a mental health evaluation."

On Saturday, authorities were called to the Hotel Ivy in Downtown Minneapolis, where Griffen was said to be causing a disturbance and threatened to shoot someone if he was not given access to his room. He was also laying down on the floor of the hotel lobby.

The police report states that Griffen was spotted shirtless at the home of Vikings cornerback Trae Waynes and says that he broke into the home and jumped through some bushes. The officer was going to go to the scene to check it out, but received a phone call from Griffen's wife, Tiffany, that a man had called her and said that he had her husband in his car and wanted to know what to do with him, to which she instructed him to be returned to their home in Minnestista. Officers asked Griffen why he went to the home of Waynes, to which he replied "God made me do it," but his wife stated they are not good enough friends with Waynes to where he would go and do that and let himself in.

Griffen was taken to the hospital via ambulance, but the police report states that they were called by paramedics and that Griffen had jumped out of the ambulance after it had stopped to let deer cross the road. He said he did this because he was afraid someone was going to shoot him. Authorities were able to convince him to lay down on the stretcher and police followed the ambulance to make sure nothing further happened. As of Tuesday, Griffen is still at the hospital being evaluated.

The report concludes saying that since there were no crimes committed and that criminal charges would not be filed.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Everson-Griffen-jumped-out-of-ambulance-feared-for-life-122489232

12 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

im not sure if this was you replying to my question and a wrong button got hit which ive done a few times... but it didnt really answer.

you made a really definitive statement about cte not causing acute psychosis. what "proof" is there on that? have there been extensive studies and if so jow many?

so, uh, you refusing to answer after your big schpiel about things needing to be supported by medical evidence? @sammymvpknight

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Griffen was taken to the hospital via ambulance, but the police report states that they were called by paramedics and that Griffen had jumped out of the ambulance after it had stopped to let deer cross the road.

Did this sentence come across as weird to anybody else.

18 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

That’s not how science studies are really conducted. You don’t study a brain disease that doesn’t have a ton of definitive facts and look to prove a negative. There’s not going to be a handful of studies that look to disprove psychosis in CTE. 

What you can do is look at facts or studies and draw lines from that. I don’t really know one way or the other nor do I really feel like doing the research, but you can’t ask him to find studies to prove a negative. There aren’t any, and that doesn’t make your opinion (which is exactly what your take is, unless there’s evidence) justified.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

That’s not how science studies are really conducted. You don’t study a brain disease that doesn’t have a ton of definitive facts and look to prove a negative. There’s not going to be a handful of studies that look to disprove psychosis in CTE. 

What you can do is look at facts or studies and draw lines from that. I don’t really know one way or the other nor do I really feel like doing the research, but you can’t ask him to find studies to prove a negative. There aren’t any, and that doesn’t make your opinion (which is exactly what your take is, unless there’s evidence) justified.

i dont have an opinion really, other than id like to know how hes so definitely saying cte does not cause acute psychosis. As i said, hes been harping on how he needs all this proof so curious what behind that claim.

Archived