Forgive Me Mock Draft

DaPatsKid98

32 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I would be beyond pissed if the Giants took Hebert a pick before we pick.

If we are top 10. QB is very likely one of the biggest reasons. I would actually expect there to be a bidding war to get into the top 5 to leap frog one another to grab a QB at this point. And if not Hebert or Lock then perhaps Montez. But sure as hell not Deebo, I don't care if it's Deebo from Friday.

Also had Dallas selecting QB Will Grier, trading Dak, trading for WR John Ross, and getting DL Zach Allen.

Garrett’s gotta go... new regime. Lose Dak while you’re at it..

Steven Montez very well could work his way into the first round conversation if he enters the draft. He looks good. Lots of guys to watch for this year.

8 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Also had Dallas selecting QB Will Grier, trading Dak, trading for WR John Ross, and getting DL Zach Allen.

Garrett’s gotta go... new regime. Lose Dak while you’re at it..

Steven Montez very well could work his way into the first round conversation if he enters the draft. He looks good. Lots of guys to watch for this year.

I'm not a fan of Grier. But my critique of your draft is not because I thought it was a bad draft. But Jerry's ego will be stung if Dak bombs this year. Keep in mind our top selection for 2016 was widely reported to be Wentz who the Eagles leap frogged us for and has gone on to have alot of success. I don't think he wants to be known for missing out on another Top tier QB talent like Lock, or Hebert or Montez might be. Which is why I say if the Giants and Cowboys are picking top 10 and it just so happens that there are 3 QB's expected to be draft Top 10 like last year. Then bet we make a play to trade up to have the one up on the Giants. Jerry's heart and ego couldn't bear to have 2 amazing QB's he missed drafting in the same division as his team. That would be a slap in the face year in and year out. And with the rivalry that's the NFC East, yes the Eagles and Giants would rub it in.

i cant say im a huge fan of the draft for the jags. 

Tyree jackson is nice as a prospect but realisticly the odds of Coughlin drafting a junior qb is slim and None(he drafted Lee last year so maybe hes okay with a 4 year guy like a redshirt junior).  i would guy with Raekwon Davis DL Alabama for the pick.  with campbell up there in age, and while we did draft Tavern Bryan last year we could also be looking to replace Malik jackson whos set to earn 15 million with only 2 million in dead money.  Davis fits the profile of our DL as DL coach prefers guys who are taller(we had 2 very servicable Backup DTs that were sub 6 foot 3 last year and now both are off the roster entirely. 

in round 2 i dont view WR as a high end need what so ever.  we Have Marquise Lee, Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook  and 2nd round rookie DJ chark all under contract.  moncrief is the only one who might leave and honestly i feel pretty decent with our WR group even if we dont have a number 1 wr.  if our needs stay the course i would select an OL wether it be isiah Prince, Martez Ivey or kaleb Mcgary.  our RG is set to be a FA along with our best backup Interior OL and our RT isnt a spring chicken and his potential future replacement is an unproven 4th round rookie.  i would like to get the OL fixed as we are team that uses the OL alot.  i feel Ivey might be the pick based on the fact hes played Guard and tackle but whos to say prince or mcgary cant make our 4th round rookie into a guard. 

round 3 wouldnt be bad if the draft stayed the same but in this case there isnt much room for him in our Rotation.  i would look for a True outside pass rush threat as Fowler is a FA and i dont think we will keep him and we have a very empty cubbard behind him with Career STer Lentree McCray.  i would say Jalen Jelks or Carl Granderson or maybe Jalyen Ferguson fit the bill. 

Your crazy if you think we are trading Marcus! You are going about this all wrong here.

1st: Nick Bosa Spice up our pass rush! 

2nd: AJ Brown need other recievers besides Corey and Delanie. Especially receivers that don't drop easy catches! 

3rd: Ross Pierschbacher we need better interior play. Center, or Guard all I know is a upgrade can be made. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, DaPatsKid98 said:

Detroit Lions - Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

Steal, would fit the same mold of another big fella they had a few years back in Shaun Rogers

Cleveland Browns - Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

Super meh on Love, I honestly would be pissed at that pick. With all of these stud DL, I would rather have a guy like Dre'Mont Jones or Montez Sweat

Green Bay Packers (via New Orleans) - Chase Winovich, OLB, Michigan

People please stop with the first round talk for this guy, don't mistake effort with athleticism, he has an outstanding motor and instincts, not athletically anywhere close to a 1st round pick. Porter Gustin would be a way better prospect at 6-5 260 and way better athletically

Philadelphia Eagles - Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

Steal

Arizona Cardinals - A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi

Steal

Indianapolis Colts - Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo 

Steal

Detroit Lions - Anfernee Jennings, OLB, Detroit Lions

LOL

Minnesota Vikings - Terry Beckner Jr., DT, Missouri 

If his knees check out, steal

Dallas Cowboys - Zach Allen, DE, Boston College

Super steal

New York Jets - L.J. Scott, RB, Michigan State

Steal, this is who the Steelers should be looking at

The Oakland Raiders trade pick #67 and DT Maurice Hurst to the Pittsburgh Steelers in exchange for RB Le’Veon Bell. Pittsburgh Steelers - Austin Bryant, EDGE, Clemson

Makes zero sense, Hurst is 6-1 290 and is an up the field penetrator, not exactly a good fit for the 3-4

Atlanta Falcons - Trace McSorely, QB, Penn State

UDFA

Kansas City Chiefs - LaVert Hill, CB, Michigan 

Steal

Cleveland Browns - Levonta Taylor, CB, Notre Dame

No thanks

- Overall a solid effort on the mock bro

On 9/25/2018 at 1:26 PM, Calvert28 said:

I would be beyond pissed if the Giants took Hebert a pick before we pick.

If we are top 10. QB is very likely one of the biggest reasons. I would actually expect there to be a bidding war to get into the top 5 to leap frog one another to grab a QB at this point. And if not Hebert or Lock then perhaps Montez. But sure as hell not Deebo, I don't care if it's Deebo from Friday.

Come on, man. We both know you'd care if it was Deebo from Friday. That would be a game changer.

Interesting picks for the Browns. Both are plausible. At the moment, many Browns fans are infatuated with Dre'Mont Jones. He works be a great pick. We could use another corner, but DT us arguably a bigger need. That said, I don't know much about the corner Love that you had us grab.

You grab us a solid value in Hyatt in the second, which may happen. At the moment, it is looking promising with the undrafted rookie Desmond Harrison possibly bring the long term answer at tackle along with Chris Hubbard at RT. Both the wide receivers you have going a few picks later would be in play. If over if those tackles doesn't work out, Hyatt could be the pick. Great work. 

On 9/25/2018 at 12:08 PM, DaPatsKid98 said:

The thinking behind a QB is that your backup is Matt Schaub. I feel like he’d be more effective helping bring a prospect up than he would be in a game at this point. I also considered a RB, but why not give Freeman the spot light? Ito Smith also looks decent.

also, Matt Ryan will be 34 at the time of this draft. I don’t think he’s got another “5-8 years” in him.

Ryan just signed a brand new 5 year contract this season so he for sure has 5+ in him and talked about doing another one after this one.  So im pretty sure he plans to play into his 40's atleast early 40's and his game isn't based on alot of mobility or big arm strength.  So his timing route based attacks play perfectly into that.    Also im not saying don't take a QB at all im just saying don't take one so early when the picks are much more needed for actual starters.   In the5th to 7th round feel free to jump on a high upside QB you like for a backup and maybe spot starter.  3rd is just way to high to for it right now when we have actual starting need on the team during our SB window.

As for RB's i said a power RB not just any type of RB Freeman has the spotlight he is our starting RB and Ito is his depth.  But we have struggled since michael turner was here to get 4th and 1 or 1st and goal because we don't have a legit power RB that can get the job done.  Freeman have tried and just can't do it more often than not.  Ito is even smaller than those 2 so don't bank on it with him either.   We always run a 3 RB system and with Coleman becoming a FA this year that means we need another RB to replace him and a Power RB covers that need we have more than any. 

But to me a OG/C  is the biggest need out of all of them or maybe OLB.  So that would be my 1st choice if one is available thats worth it or good value.

I'm good with the first two rounds (OT and DT).  That's a lot of moving parts in the third.  We trade for Jameis, which would be starnge, but then trade ross away for the pick right behind it.  I'm good with a LB as long as he can cover.  Haven't watched any draft eligible LBs yet.

Archived