Let's talk defense

JAF-N72EX

22 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

We should dig out the old draft threads,  would be cool to see how our picks and predictions held up.  

Freely admit, I was a Watson, then Kizer guy... honestly can't recall if I had Mahomes or Trubisky next

Funny I did this big write up on Trubisky that winter and couldnt find it.  

I remember I said basically he was super talented, but really raw.  I thought he had most talent of any QB, but might take three years to be any good. I thought he would lead league in INTs his first year.

I wasn't big on Watson, I thought he could be good, but felt he would get hurt.  I didn't think he was super accurate.  

Mahomes looked like another big arm Texas Tech air raid QB who flames out in NFL under center. I could have been right.  Who knew NFL was going to start running college plays and officals would start calling game completely different? I still missed on him big time.  

I thought Kizer was a bust in waiting in any system.

I wasnt even looking at QBs after Glennon signing (which I hated).  Bears completely fooled me. I thought they were going to draft Solomon, Adams or that corner from Ohio St. and draft QB the next year if Glennon wasnt the guy.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:48 AM, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, I’m not taking anything away from him. I just don’t think he’d be this good this fast here. Eventually, though, I believe he would have gotten there although there’s no telling if he would have ever gotten to this point.

I agree that Fox and crew is the best defense against ANY Bears' QB. However, it's not only the non-Bears' (Fox) coaching he has now and the great skill players he has. Mahomes will be elite even after he doesn't have elite weapons. Just depends if he becomes an elite TO machine without great weapons, but Favre was noted for bad TO's as well as Cutler, but only one was elite.

Bears off turnovers this season -9.5 ppg ... would be most by any team in last 10 seasons

Eddie Jackson is blowing my mind right now, he torchEd Stafford on that pick, read Stafford perfectly, waited and then jumped it   .. so happy for him after being injured so badly in college 

Archived