Week 4: Miami Dolphins (3-0) @ New England Patriots (1-2)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ NE  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Tom Brady
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Frank Gore
    • Sony Michel
    • DeVante Parker
    • Albert Wilson
    • Danny Amendola
    • Jakeem Grant
    • Kenny Stills
    • Chris Hogan
    • Phillip Dorsett
    • Josh Gordon
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Rob Gronkowski
    • Jason Sanders
    • Patriots DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2018 at 05:00 PM

crop-640x360-000.jpg

Huge, huge game. We are off to a hot start, but we've only defeated three teams most considered to be powderpuffs going into the season. We all knew the real test would be this week against the team that's dominated the division for most of my adult life. However, at 1-2 coming off a game in which they were bamboozled by the hapless Lions, the Patriots look mortal. The defense looks slow. The Pats receiving corp looks talentless. Brady looks off. Things may get better for the Patriots with Josh Gordon likely making his Patriots debut. Still, this game looks more winable now than it did prior to the season. Having said that, we all know how Belichick Patriots play coming off of a loss - coming off two, we will probably be playing a super determined Patriots squad.

Winning allows us to get a big step up in the division race. While we still are 1st in the division if we lose, it puts us in a dangerous position going forward.

Personally I'm thinking this is going to boil down to a loss. I just can't underestimate the Patriots. Hope I'm wrong.

Dolphins 23
Patriots 27

I thought we'd win the first 3 games, but I think we'll lose this week and everyone will overreact. I think we can beat Cincy since Dalton is turnover prone. We can beat NE of course, but I don't see this team playing lights out for 4 quarters. Another slow start will have us playing catch up all game. NE is just too dangerous at home. Such a shame we didn't get them in Miami early instead. It would have been a golden opportunity to get a huge lead on them in the standings. 

If we can get to at least 4-1 going back home against Chicago we're in good shape. 

It is just like the B horror movie, the monster is not dead. New England will probably come out and do something totally different on both sides of the ball then they have all year much like Miami did with the wildcat 10 years ago, also the 4th game of the season is always about the time of year that the Pats start putting to rest all rumors that the dynasty is crumbling.

Miami is pretty beat up on the defensive line and they are just about due to lay an egg, I am not ready to declare victory on this one.

Miami...……….……..17

New England...…..38

I think if this were a week 6 game, we'd lose and wouldn't cover the spread.

However, in week 4 NE will be without Edelman, without Burkhead, with a Josh Gordon who has yet to take a snap with the team, a rookie RB whom they hand the ball to 75% of the time he's on the field (predictability).

They still have Brady, Gronk, and James White... all of whom can take over games against Miami.

Burke needs to take a page out of Matt Patricia's playbook and double Gronk, forcing Brady to go to his very uninspired bunch of WRs.

Patriots defense hasn't exactly impressed and doesn't have the speed to keep up with Tannehill's weapons.

HOWEVER

Our offensive line is extremely susceptible to stunts in the interior ever since Sitton got hurt. Tannehill will need to be clean with the ball (no WTF fumbles, no interceptions like week 1) and Drake needs to make his presence felt. During the my preseason prediction I had this pegged as a loss... but the Patriots seem to have serious issues.

Miami wins 31 - 23

We're getting no respect from anyone it seems, most of the talking heads have us losing. Tbh, I don't really blame them. Until we can prove we can win in New England, we don't deserve to be favored, no matter how bad the Pats look. Still, I feel that being underdogs by 7 points is a bit much. If the Pats had Edelman back for this game, maybe. But I think the game will definitely be closer than 7 points, even if we lose.

Archived