Week 4: Miami Dolphins (3-0) @ New England Patriots (1-2)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ NE  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Tom Brady
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Frank Gore
    • Sony Michel
    • DeVante Parker
    • Albert Wilson
    • Danny Amendola
    • Jakeem Grant
    • Kenny Stills
    • Chris Hogan
    • Phillip Dorsett
    • Josh Gordon
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Rob Gronkowski
    • Jason Sanders
    • Patriots DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2018 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

The lack of Drake usage is criminal at this point.

Yes. And the OL was completely atrocious. Kilgore got hurt and Swanson (who??) was in at center.

Dolphins need to address the run game. Badly. Dolphins have a new OL coach and 'run game coordinator'. Let's get this thing going.

Feels bad but 3-1 at the quarter pole. I'll take it now, I would've taken it in the preseason.

23 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yes. And the OL was completely atrocious. Kilgore got hurt and Swanson (who??) was in at center.

Dolphins need to address the run game. Badly. Dolphins have a new OL coach and 'run game coordinator'. Let's get this thing going.

Feels bad but 3-1 at the quarter pole. I'll take it now, I would've taken it in the preseason.

I mean, me too. This actually exceeds my expectation. Its just how we lost  this game... how uncompetitive we looked that bothers me most. I was bracing myself for our first loss prior to today - I know that winning in Gillette is no easy task, and I know the Patriots would be playing their hardest after two straight losses. I even thought that, hey, a two score loss wouldn't surprise me. But I didn't expect Gase's team to look completely inept. I didn't expect to be completely blown out. I didn't expect the offense to look like they were collectively in a coma. I don't want to discredit the Patriots because they played flawlessly and had a masterful gameplan but they didn't beat us nearly as much as we beat ourselves.

This is easily the most concerning loss of the Gase era for me. I really hope this is a wake up call to some of the players (and coaches) today. Because losing in this fashion is just not acceptable.

We all know that Miami just cannot put together a good strong durable Offensive line, this has been the topic of discussion for years and as others have stated it is not from a total lack of effort. Miami has had high draft picks that bust free agent signings that did not pan out and when they do hit on someone they cannot stay healthy.

The glaring weakness I see this year is the lack of great  run blocking on first and second down that lead to 3rd and long and the inability to protect Tannehill on the 3rd and long pass plays. We say it every year but Miami really needs to put the O-line on the top priority list this off season because until they get a pro bowl type unit that can stay healthy the offense will continue to be what it has been the last 5 years+.

I would guess that Tannehill has been sacked about 25% of the time this year on critical 3rd and long passing plays and most of those sacks he is being run over as he is dropping back to pass.

9 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

We say it every year but Miami really needs to put the O-line on the top priority list this off season because until they get a pro bowl type unit that can stay healthy the offense will continue to be what it has been the last 5 years+.

You ain't lyin'.

When was the last time we had a good OL? For a portion of 2016 maybe. Before then.. 2008?

Archived