Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Image result for val kilmer 2018

Cancer is a hell of a thing

Almost looks like Jon Voight.  

Makeup, lighting and other things can make him look pretty much however they want.   He looked normal on the finale of Psych a few years back....

64af9197e72ac59238c983a5dfe29b55.jpg

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm intrigued by the trailer for Bad Times at the El Royale.  That's a helluva cast list too.

Those huge uber cast movies rarely turn out to be good.  Movie looks interesting for sure, but I'm not going to get too hyped just yet.  It's either going to be an instant classic or an instant dud. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Those huge uber cast movies rarely turn out to be good.  Movie looks interesting for sure, but I'm not going to get too hyped just yet.  It's either going to be an instant classic or an instant dud. 

I really liked what Goddard did with Cabin in the Woods as the writer/director.  I'm surprised it's taken him 6 years to get another directorial gig, but he did write the screenplays for World War Z, The Martian, and has been heavily involved with the Marvel Netflix series (mostly Daredevil), so it's not like he's been idle.  Next up for him is X-Force as well, so his star is on the rise. 

I could definitely see the concept tanking, but so far there is enough there that I'm still interested.

On 6/9/2018 at 1:08 PM, Darth Pees said:

wish they wouldn't have spoiled the plot though. I agree, this trailer looks better.

They kinda had to after that awful first trailer that made the movie look like it was centered around one kid. This trailer actually looks promising.

12 hours ago, devils1854 said:

They kinda had to after that awful first trailer that made the movie look like it was centered around one kid. This trailer actually looks promising.

Meh this still looks awful. 

They need to stop handcuffing this franchise to Earth and take it off-world and far enough into the future to give it new life.  Give the humans (and associative species) badass weaponry to make them an actual challenge for the predators.  Give us more exotic landscapes like alien planets, space stations, etc.