Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

It’s kind of ironic tbh.  Men pretending to be women and women pretending to be men are upset at a woman wanting to portray a man pretending to be a woman.  

Could just be me, but this might be a solid clue about why you may not fully understand or appreciate the argument presented by the people who objected to this casting.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Could just be me, but this might be a solid clue about why you may not fully understand or appreciate the argument presented by the people who objected to this casting.

It’s just you.  Unless science has changed and XY chromosomes have disappeared but I digress...

Well, on a positive note, I have some great news to share... Comcast officially drops out of the Fox bidding war, meaning the X-Men & F4 are, in fact, coming home, unimpeded:

YAY!

**Side note: it's a trans man she was set to play BTW, not a trans woman.

Edited by KManX89

On 7/16/2018 at 12:08 AM, thrILL! said:

It’s just you.  Unless science has changed and XY chromosomes have disappeared but I digress...

As a newly minted MD, gonna have to say your understanding of science is quite rudimentary. 

It’s kind of ironic tbh.  Men pretending to be women and women pretending to be men are upset at a woman wanting to portray a man pretending to be a woman.  

You are describing cross dressing and conflating it with being transgender

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The Godzilla trailer wasn't as good as I thought. The plot seems really dumb.

I dont think I saw a plot in the trailer. Just "Hey we're all gonna die unless we have monsters!"

H/e good news is the movie has Lord Tywin there to make the tough decisions these prissy millennials are too scared to make.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

The Godzilla trailer was awesome. Didn't think I could possibly be excited for a Godzilla movie after that garbage in 2014 but they found away. 

Haha yeah I think it looks awesome!

Plot and Godzilla shouldn’t be said in the same sentence. Unless there’s a no in there ?

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I dont think I saw a plot in the trailer. Just "Hey we're all gonna die unless we have monsters!"

H/e good news is the movie has Lord Tywin there to make the tough decisions these prissy millennials are too scared to make.

Looks like the lady says we have to unleash the monsters to live

But low key she knows unleashing them will wipe us out and give the earth a chance to start over

No worries Godzilla will save us

• Like 1