Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Not all bad, but this bubble has to burst at some point, right?

None of these new ones after Disney+ has even come close to making me sign up.  I'm pretty much capped with Netflix, Prime (we have it anyway for shipping), Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+, and i'll occasionally watch something on Peacock, but only because I can for free with ads (which is a brilliant business model imo, get people in and then it will be easier to get them onto something and want to go ad free for $5 like Hulu got me).  HBO Max nearly got my wife with Friends, but we just got the box set (got it really cheap too) and none of their current stuff really piques my interest.  House of the Dragon would need some insane hype to get us to sign up, and i'm not sure they'll have it.

Paramount+
Apple+
Peacock Premium
HBO Max
Youtube TV
Literally hundreds more niche services

Meh, I don't really feel like i'm missing out on anything.  Not to mention there's a ton of YouTube content that is free with ads.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

None of these new ones after Disney+ has even come close to making me sign up.  I'm pretty much capped with Netflix, Prime (we have it anyway for shipping), Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+, and i'll occasionally watch something on Peacock, but only because I can for free with ads (which is a brilliant business model imo, get people in and then it will be easier to get them onto something and want to go ad free for $5 like Hulu got me).  HBO Max nearly got my wife with Friends, but we just got the box set (got it really cheap too) and none of their current stuff really piques my interest.  House of the Dragon would need some insane hype to get us to sign up, and i'm not sure they'll have it.

Paramount+
Apple+
Peacock Premium
HBO Max
Youtube TV

Meh, I don't really feel like i'm missing out on anything.  Not to mention there's a ton of YouTube content that is free with ads.

protip, my browser adblocker blocks peacock and youtube ads. It's called Adguard

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

protip, my browser adblocker blocks peacock and youtube ads. It's called Adguard

I usually watch them on my Roku on the big TV though.  And honestly, ads don't bother me much, especially when i'm not paying for it.

Edited by THE DUKE

Is Paramount+ the adult version of Disney+ or is it its own thing?

When does the adult version of Disney+ start and what is it called?

I'm excited for that.  Like extremely excited.  A Quiet Place 2 streams 45 days after its theatrical release. 

This is a standards test right now.  The industry is trying to find its new standards.  Just like roaming, free texting, cellular data all went free or will be free, sooner than later streaming will be an industry standard at the time of release. 

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is Paramount+ the adult version of Disney+ or is it its own thing?

When does the adult version of Disney+ start and what is it called?

I'm excited for that.  Like extremely excited.  A Quiet Place 2 streams 45 days after its theatrical release. 

This is a standards test right now.  The industry is trying to find its new standards.  Just like roaming, free texting, cellular data all went free or will be free, sooner than later streaming will be an industry standard at the time of release. 

The adult Disney+ is going to be called either Star or Star+, i'm not sure which though.  Paramount+ is the former CBS All Access, but with more stuff.\

EDIT:::

Looks like it's just called Star, and it will be available February 23 for international users.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

But he could for sure play Shepard and they’ve tried to do live action Mass Effect for years. Video Games are finally getting their moments thanks to high budget shows. So makes sense someone might be taking this off the shelf. It’d be an awesome series.

I would have assumed this got green lit before The Last of Us - not that The Last of Us doesn't deserve it, just that Mass Effect was an experience like very few, a Space Opera that (if done correctly) could be on par with The Mandalorian or any of the recent Star Trek shows. 

IF this turns out to be something, I'm absolutely going to buy into whatever streaming service lands it (hopefully it's one that I already have).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Paramount+
Apple+
Peacock Premium
HBO Max
Youtube TV

I steal the logins from my family. My mom is paying for Hulu, and Disney. I borrow my brothers Netflix, I pay for Discovery Plus and Prime. I had HBO Max but there is nothing special on that channel....especially after disappointments like Little Things and WW84.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Paramount+
Apple+
Peacock Premium
HBO Max
Youtube TV

Yeah I can’t imagine paying for them all.

I think I have access to like every one basically but I personally only pay for a Spotify family account on top of our internet. Gf pays for Hulu. And then the rest are various family members. I just got Discovery+ through a deal for free for a year, which is like a ton of just put it on to make the brain go numb stuff mean that in the best and worst way possible.

HBO Max actually has some good stuff on it, I think if they all got together and clamped down on number of users I think that’d make the cut with Netflix and Disney+ (Now that the marvel machine is going).

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I would have assumed this got green lit before The Last of Us - not that The Last of Us doesn't deserve it, just that Mass Effect was an experience like very few, a Space Opera that (if done correctly) could be on par with The Mandalorian or any of the recent Star Trek shows. 

IF this turns out to be something, I'm absolutely going to buy into whatever streaming service lands it (hopefully it's one that I already have).

Yeah it’s been talked about for awhile. Have no clue who owns the rights for the adaptation, or his it ever got that far.

The Last of Us, Sonic movie (which honestly was fine), Halo, talks of a Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, Legend of Zelda and Assassins Creed on Netflix. I’m sure there are others I’m forgetting. Mass Effect deserves to get one too. It can be a huge show. Prefer it for HBO Max or Netflix, just for tone and budget.

• Like 1

Tom Holland already said he regrets how he played Nathan drake and would do it differently if he could, which bodes well for the uncharted movie lol. He said he spent too much focus in shots trying to look cool rather than acting each scene how he should.