Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

21 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Hugh Jackman will voice Scar in The Lion King remake

I heard that although Disney never confirmed it nor did the trades. Might be a false rumor especially since Hugh Jackman was at Disneyland 

On 7/15/2017 at 9:43 PM, zelbell said:

agreed.....Robin Williams as the Genie was so iconic nobody will ever really be able to be as good as he was as that character

They should just re-use all his vocals and shape the movie's plot around making that work. 

I feel like this is the best way to go. 

Well, sounds like Brian May and Roger Taylor have finally succeeded in bastardizing the Freddie Mercury biopic that's been in the works - and is now on it's 3rd director and 3rd lead actor - for almost 10 years.  Now instead of being a film about the life and struggles of Freddie it's a film about "the whole band, recreating those fabulous Queen years and culminating in the Live Aid performance."

Just disappointing.  I want to think that Brian May is doing this out of love for his friend and bandmate, but the way he and Taylor constantly micromanage this it can't be just that.  It's money and them profiting off this as much as possible - just like it was with We Will Rock You.