Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

They probably realized nobody gives a **** about prequels.  

I think it's the topic of this one more than anything to be honest. 

I think book readers would have a ton of interest in Dunk and Egg, and the Dance of Dragons. But this prequel basically had no support from the written text as very little is talked about with regards to the long night in the books, and the little that is mentioned is pretty speculative and unreliable, thus the show runners and tv people would have had basically a completely blank canvas to work with. 

looks like this GOT prequel will get a series

The prequel is set 300 years before the events of the flagship series that tracks the beginnings and the end of House Targaryen. Emilia Clarke earned four Emmy nominations for her role as fan-favorite Daenerys Targaryen. Martin and Condal will pen the script for the drama, which is based on Martin's book Fire & Blood. Miguel Sapochnik, who earned an Emmy for helming "The Battle of the Bastards" episode, will direct the pilot and additional episodes. Vince Gerardis will also exec produce. Sapochnik and Condal will serve as co-showrunners. House of the Dragon will be the first project to stem from a new overall deal that Sapochnik has signed with HBO, in which he'll develop and produce content for both HBO and HBO Max.

UV4bMitr.jpg

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Did you honestly think they weren't going to make another show?

No, but I was hoping they’d spend that budget on something else instead.  Like a The Thing miniseries.  Or maybe an epic space opera.  Or an HBO horror series.  Who TF wants to watch Game of Thrones when we know what happens and who lives and who dies when instead we could be watching something better instead?

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, but I was hoping they’d spend that budget on something else instead.  Like a The Thing miniseries.  Or maybe an epic space opera.  Or an HBO horror series.  Who TF wants to watch Game of Thrones when we know what happens and who lives and who dies when instead we could be watching something better instead?

I'm pretty sure I've asked this before, but do you just hate all adaptations?

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm pretty sure I've asked this before, but do you just hate all adaptations?

No, I just hate prequels.  I HATE prequels.  I get furious at the very mention of prequels.  They make no sense to me at all.  If there’s a story worth telling, START WHERE IT IS WORTH TELLING.