Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I had no idea the Charlie's Angels movie comes out this Friday. Haven;t seen much on it - no reviews yet either. It's going to booooomb.What are the BO predictions?

They were advertising this hard a few weeks ago, but then, poof, it was all gone.  My guess is that test screenings and early critical reviews are baaaaaaaaad.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

They were advertising this hard a few weeks ago, but then, poof, it was all gone.  My guess is that test screenings and early critical reviews are baaaaaaaaad.

Agreed. I do remember a brief span of ads, but then like you said, nothing. Had NO idea it opened in two days. 

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I would think 20 mill opening week or less

Just looked up a couple of places, and its projecting around 15-18 mil, while Ford v Ferrari looks to win the weekend with around 30 million. 

I honestly dont think Charlie's Angels will hit 15 mil. The box office is cold right now in November with Doctor Sleep, Midway, and Terminator all doing less than anticipated. The good news is that it looks like Charlie's Angels cost about 50 million, so it should come close to breaking even if they have any traction world wide. 

21 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Just looked up a couple of places, and its projecting around 15-18 mil, while Ford v Ferrari looks to win the weekend with around 30 million. 

I honestly dont think Charlie's Angels will hit 15 mil. The box office is cold right now in November with Doctor Sleep, Midway, and Terminator all doing less than anticipated. The good news is that it looks like Charlie's Angels cost about 50 million, so it should come close to breaking even if they have any traction world wide. 

The cast is definitely some odd choices 

21 hours ago, devils1854 said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/charlies_angels_2019/ 

Reviews are actually solid. 

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The only way Charlie's Angels would get a negative rating on Rotten Tomatoes is if they did an all-male reboot of it. 

With IMDB, the more ratings the lower a movie scores.  Right now it's got less than 600 reviews and an average of 3.5/10. 

It's not solid, it's Rotten Tomatoes. 

• Like 1

The only way Charlie's Angels would get a negative rating on Rotten Tomatoes is if they did an all-male reboot of it. 

With IMDB, the more ratings the lower a movie scores.  Right now it's got less than 600 reviews and an average of 3.5/10. 

It's not solid, it's Rotten Tomatoes. 

Ya, while I believe IMDB is imbued with a lot of amateur film snobs and the ratings are often lower than they should be, its infinitely better than rotten tomatoes.

• Like 1