Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

54 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Apparently Netflix is getting Beverly hills Cop 4

The future is streaming and I’m perfectly fine with that as long as these movies keep getting released on blu ray (when they’re good enough).  Never was much of a theater-goer.  The idea of watching movies with obnoxious fat people who crinkle wrappers and don’t get a ****ing babysitter and instead bring their snot-nosed children to hard R movies or horror movies just drives me insane.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:30 PM, devils1854 said:

Just looked up a couple of places, and its projecting around 15-18 mil, while Ford v Ferrari looks to win the weekend with around 30 million. 

I honestly dont think Charlie's Angels will hit 15 mil. The box office is cold right now in November with Doctor Sleep, Midway, and Terminator all doing less than anticipated. The good news is that it looks like Charlie's Angels cost about 50 million, so it should come close to breaking even if they have any traction world wide. 

8 mill this weekend for Charlie’s Angels. Yikes

Seeing the trailers for that show Evil ... do we really need any more programs about demons or exorcisms? Or zombies for that matter? Let's just give all three of those themes a rest for five or ten years. After that, I might actually care when a new show about them comes along.

On 11/19/2019 at 7:34 PM, Fresh Prince said:

I demand Tarantino!

According to the article that you didn't read ;) , the Tarantino movie is still on the table.  This is a separate deal.

Also, good, i need more Star Trek.  Those first two JJ Abrams movies were great.  The third one i'll pretend never happened.  It's just sad that we probably won't have a Chekov in this movie :( .

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RamRod said:

What makes you so sure? He seems to be taking this whole 10-movie thing pretty seriously. 

He'll play it up as much as humanly possible, because that is who he is.  Then about 3-4 years after his next movie, he'll be onto something else and the "plan" will change.