Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

36 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He'll play it up as much as humanly possible, because that is who he is.  Then about 3-4 years after his next movie, he'll be onto something else and the "plan" will change.  

I’m not so sure though.  I could see him very easily following through on his promise and then doing solely television.  Netflix and HBO would both pay lots and lots of money to get him to direct miniseries for the rest of his life, and I would be very okay with that.  Groundwork is already there for him to start with re-editing Kill Bill and Once Upon a Time.  He’s already done it with Hateful 8.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m not so sure though.  I could see him very easily following through on his promise and then doing solely television.  Netflix and HBO would both pay lots and lots of money to get him to direct miniseries for the rest of his life, and I would be very okay with that.  Groundwork is already there for him to start with re-editing Kill Bill and Once Upon a Time.  He’s already done it with Hateful 8.  

Seems that the viewing experience is going that direction, so I could see that being the case. 

18 minutes ago, theJ said:

Seems that the viewing experience is going that direction, so I could see that being the case. 

I’m personally fine with it.  I love film and I will always love film, but streaming/television gives so much better storytelling capabilities.  It’s just very limited because returns are much less.

• 3 weeks later...

The Golden Globes are such a joke, why do I care? IDK.

Parasite getting a best Director and Best Screen Play nom, but being regulated to best foreign film is so silly. 

The Farewell being considered "A Foreign Language Film" is probably the stupidest thing I have seen in a while.

The Lighthouse getting completely snubbed is lunacy. 

Edited by animaltested