Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

This may seem like a random blurb, but I checked RT and noticed the Black Christmas remake has a review embargo up. No reviews posted as of this writing, and it's only 2 days from its release.

Why do I have the feeling this movie's gonna suck balls? Everything about it screams trainwreck.

Edited by KManX89

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

This may seem like a random blurb, but I checked RT and noticed the Black Christmas remake has a review embargo up. No reviews posted as of this writing, and it's only 2 days from its release.

Why do I have the feeling this movie's gonna suck balls? Everything about it screams trainwreck.

Because it’s a PG-13 cash grab that’s still going to make money.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Because it’s a PG-13 cash grab that’s still going to make money.

It's not gonna "broaden its audience", though, it's just gonna alienate the core audience who don't want to watch a watered-down slasher movie. 

See: Expendables 3, Cursed. 

5 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

It's not gonna "broaden its audience", though, it's just gonna alienate the core audience who don't want to watch a watered-down slasher movie. 

See: Expendables 3, Cursed. 

Yeah, I know.  But it’s still gonna make money.  Hopefully it doesn’t, but I think it will.  I know I won’t give it my money.

On 12/11/2019 at 10:33 PM, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I know.  But it’s still gonna make money.  Hopefully it doesn’t, but I think it will.  I know I won’t give it my money.

Well, I mean, yeah, with a $5 mil budget, it would be kinda hard for it not to even if it badly underperforms.

But yeah, I definitely won't be giving it money. Hell, they'd have to pay ME to see this monstrosity. 

Oh and BTW, it currently has a 43% on RT and 23% user score. Color me not surprised.

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Well, I mean, yeah, with a $5 mil budget, it would be kinda hard for it not to even if it badly underperforms.

But yeah, I definitely won't be giving it money. Hell, they'd have to pay ME to see this monstrosity. 

Oh and BTW, it currently has a 43% on RT and 23% user score. Color me not surprised.

The marketing budget alone though has to be well above $5 million though, I've seen ads for it everywhere, both online, streaming ads, and on live TV during sporting events.  I wouldn't be shocked if they put $25-$30 million into the marketing budget.

17 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

IGN.com reviewer gave it a 8.6

Every movie needs that one fan I guess.

Meanwhile IMDB has it as a 3.0/10, RT audience score is 26%, PostTrak audiences gave it 1/5 stars and the director is calling out people on Twitter for not liking it.

Edited by Bullet Club