Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Not sure where else to put this, but if you haven't seen Knives Out, make sure you do asap.

It was very good. I still need to see 1917, Uncut Gems, and a few others, but it's up there for best of the year for me. It won't be, because I liked OUATIH and possibly Marriage Story better, but it's my number 2 or 3 right now.  Endgame in Top 5 too. 

Golden Globes thoughts...

Really happy with Chernobyl & Fleabag cleaning up the TV awards.

Parasite winning BFLF was dope. It should be the favorite for BP in the Oscars, but much like Roma last year, get relegated to the Foreign Language category. Bong should at least win Best Director if they are not giving it a legit shot at BP. 

Marriage Story getting completely blanked was surprising. Its such a fantastic movie.

Aquwafina winning was a legit surprise, but Im happy The Farwell was able to win something. Such an awesome film. 

Taron winning for Rocket Man was cool. He was fantastic as Elton, and really bought in to the role.

1917 cleaning up was a little surprising, since the movie isn't even out in the US yet (as a wide). Writing was on the wall though. There has been a media blitz in the last few weeks. Guessing the producers blew their load on marketing the last few weeks to ramp up buzz prior to the films wide release next week. I'm sure the film is good, but its obvious what is/was going on. Netflix might have been caught napping, or might be playing the long game (waiting until the Oscars). 

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I didn't watch the Golden Globes because I never do, but saw some of Ricky Gervais' monologue on Twitter and holy crap did he take some swipes at Hollywood and Apple.

I didn't either but that was amazing.