Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

6 hours ago, August4th said:

I did not care for Far From home either tbh..the comedy in that film fell flat for me

Which is fine. But it's still not awful. It contains a cohesive story, has the normal good, bad, good swings in the first, second and third acts, and follows the blueprint in general for a good movie. It's fine. Is it fantastic? No. Is it good? Debatable. Is it awful? No. 

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

No hyperbole.

Ok. 

12 hours ago, theJ said:

Objectively it was not.  That's hyperbole.

But it's fine that you don't like it.

Objectively?  Art and entertainment is subjective. It doesn’t make your opinion more true then mine or vice versa.  

Of course, I wanted to like Far From Home.  I like Tom Holland as Peter.  Homecoming was solid.  Taking him out of NYC (not just again but for 90% of the movie) was a catastrophic mistake.  Peter and Ned are great but the supporting cast is a hot mess.  Flash is awful.  Mysterio not only was weak but the VFX were lackluster.  The movie was awful imo. 

It’s fine that you don’t like that I didn’t like it.  

i hadn’t seen the 2nd trailer for this until last night before 1917.  I hope they show a lot of the takeover like the glimpse we see here bcuz it looks awesome.  Definitely has a TWD vibe to it too with the elements of society in a post-apocalyptic world.