Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

28 minutes ago, theJ said:

Why do you say that?  Looks like it could be fun.

Idk it just doesn't seem like a good mix to me, I feel like they would have been better off just making their own sci fi series rather than attaching the star trek name to it.

8 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Idk it just doesn't seem like a good mix to me, I feel like they would have been better off just making their own sci fi series rather than attaching the star trek name to it.

Yeah maybe.  There's potential for a lot of good jokes though related to ridiculous stuff the Trek writers always put in there.  I imagine that's why they went that route.

9 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

They did, its called Solar Opposites and it's on Hulu

granted Dan Harmon isnt involved but everyone else is

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually really enjoyed it for the most part. Wasn't laugh out loud funny, but was just very highly enjoyable. 

I was glad it wasn’t just a pure comedy and were trying to make you laugh at every turn. 

it made you really think how you would handle being stuck in a time loop like that

makes you really think how long he was truly stuck in there. He exaggerated the amount of times he slept with Sarah but now think about the time he wasted trying to sleep with other people, doing other stupid stuff, and etc. he could have been stuck for years, maybe even decades

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, buno67 said:

I was glad it wasn’t just a pure comedy and were trying to make you laugh at every turn. 

it made you really think how you would handle being stuck in a time loop like that

makes you really think how long he was truly stuck in there. He exaggerated the amount of times he slept with Sarah but now think about the time he wasted trying to sleep with other people, doing other stupid stuff, and etc. he could have been stuck for years, maybe even decades

I'm very curious on how long it really was, it seemed like he legitimately forgot details of his life, I would think decades are the minimum amount.  I like the idea that it was more like hundreds of years.  Just her learning the physics would have taken decades really.  Good movie though.