Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

That she would fit in there somehow I guess.

Never saw that silly Clone Wars cartoon, but I thought Obiwan never left Tattooine after he brought luke there. So I don't know where she would fit it.

Although I agree Brown has Fisher's looks, she almost looks like a doppelganger.

I’m as big of Obi Wan fan as anybody and I think they could do a really cool film where he’s posted up on Tattoine protecting Luke.  Some bounty hunters learn about Luke and Obi Wan has to to defeat them all.  

But Leia presents the opportunity to do anything, go anywhere.  She’s not restricted to one planet.  The possibilities are endless esp with a royal princess, daughter of a Jedi and eventual resistance leader.  It’s by far the most promising spinoff film IMO. 

And Brown looks just like her. Get Kathryn Bigelow to direct (Marvel messed up not hiring her for Black Widow).  Profit.  

Edited by thrILL!
Autocorrect is a Vols fan
  • Like 1

Just now, Calvert28 said:

*shakes head* those people make no sense. 

They make perfect sense.  They want to be able to play any role while limiting cisgenders to playing only roles of their gender.  What's not fair about that?  What doesn't make sense about that?  They should be allowed to play any role, but others can only play the one role.  They also want a movie to have zero public appeal and zero chance of making any money because there's nobody in it to draw in an audience.  They show a complete and total understanding that Hollywood is a business first and foremost and that movies are made to make money, so they realize that casting a wildly unknown actor/actress who is trans will make more money than casting a world famous actress who has been in movies that have made millions and millions of dollars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

They make perfect sense.  They want to be able to play any role while limiting cisgenders to playing only roles of their gender.  What's not fair about that?  What doesn't make sense about that?  They should be allowed to play any role, but others can only play the one role.  They also want a movie to have zero public appeal and zero chance of making any money because there's nobody in it to draw in an audience.  They show a complete and total understanding that Hollywood is a business first and foremost and that movies are made to make money, so they realize that casting a wildly unknown actor/actress who is trans will make more money than casting a world famous actress who has been in movies that have made millions and millions of dollars. 

No it doesn.t if the argument is a person should be they identify themselves as then no gender should be an issue. Because then you are officially classifying someone to be a certain identity. It's a contradiction. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

No it doesn.t if the argument is a person should be they identify themselves as then no gender should be an issue. Because then you are officially classifying someone to be a certain identity. It's a contradiction. 

Didn't catch my sarcasm, huh? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

In other news, Josh Brolin has dropped out of Avengers 4 because he is, in fact, NOT a giant purple alien from Titan.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Tell that to Paramount, who believe that incurring the whole whitewashing backlash all in the name of getting a more recognizable actor (or rather, actress) in the lead role only hurt Ghost in the Shell's performance, not the other way around. 

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

In other news, Josh Brolin has dropped out of Avengers 4 because he is, in fact, NOT a giant purple alien from Titan.  

I can definitely see the other side of the argument. If you think a 6"4 black man with 6 packs can play a short Asian school girl, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you. Why do you think Christian Bale playing Moses got so much backlash?

Edited by KManX89

24 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I can definitely see the other side of the argument. If you think a 6"4 black man with 6 packs can play a short Asian school girl, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you.

Why do you think Christian Bale playing Moses got so much backlash?

It’s kind of ironic tbh.  Men pretending to be women and women pretending to be men are upset at a woman wanting to portray a man pretending to be a woman.  

As far as Bale, he received as much backlash for his comments about Moses and the Bible as he did for being cast in the role.  But the most controversy was bcuz Ridley butchered the story.  This convo prolly isn’t going to be allowed here if we dive into the racial and religious aspect so we should prolly move on.