Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Terminator franchise just needs to be left alone. Genisys was already a mess. Also, this new trend of doing direct sequels to one movie in the franchise and basically retconning the others is only going to confuse people. Appears that's what Halloween is doing with Jamie Lee Curtis.

1 hour ago, RamRod said:

Terminator franchise just needs to be left alone. Genisys was already a mess. Also, this new trend of doing direct sequels to one movie in the franchise and basically retconning the others is only going to confuse people. Appears that's what Halloween is doing with Jamie Lee Curtis.

The difference here is that James Cameron is actually involved and no one cares at all about anything after T2.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The difference here is that James Cameron is actually involved and no one cares at all about anything after T2.

Perhaps it is an unpopular opinion, but I kind of like Terminator 3.  I thought Nick Stahl was a good John Connor, Claire Daines was a good love interest for him, but pretty much everything else around that (most notably the script) brought the movie down.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Perhaps it is an unpopular opinion, but I kind of like Terminator 3.  I thought Nick Stahl was a good John Connor, Claire Daines was a good love interest for him, but pretty much everything else around that (most notably the script) brought the movie down.

I enjoy the movie...when I don't think of it as a straight up Terminator movie (as weird as that is).  My issue with it is they pulled a 180 on the themes of the first 2 movies.

12 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Its not bad.     I even liked Salvation, despite it being disappointing.

However, the main problem is, after the first 2, it became something else.    However, 2 ended so well that I didnt even think there was a need for another one,

As stated, I wish they would just leave it alone, even if James Cameron is returning.   I dont think he can recapture what made it great.   Im sure Cameron will still make the best one since T2....but I just dont think we NEED another one.   Do something else James.

7 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Trailer for Tomb Raider

https://youtu.be/8ndhidEmUbI

Ehh....something about her just feels off.    In fairness, Ive never been a big Tomb Raider fan and likely wasnt going to be into this regardless, but she doesnt really have great screen presence based on what little Ive seen.   It honestly feels like straight-to-DVD actors in a cheesy, high budget straight to DVD action flick.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

but she doesnt really have great screen presence based on what little Ive seen.   It honestly feels like straight-to-DVD actors in a cheesy, high budget straight to DVD action flick.

Youve explained it! I couldn't put into words the feelings I had about the actress or the trailer but you hit the nail on the head for me too. 

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

However, 2 ended so well that I didnt even think there was a need for another one,

As stated, I wish they would just leave it alone, even if James Cameron is returning.   I dont think he can recapture what made it great.   Im sure Cameron will still make the best one since T2....but I just dont think we NEED another one.   Do something else James.

Agreed on the top part.  That's why Cameron never returned to the series; he said his story was complete.

I also wish he would leave it alone, especially since he can't put all of his attention into this since he's working on the 4 Avatar sequels...yikes.

43 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Agreed on the top part.  That's why Cameron never returned to the series; he said his story was complete.

I also wish he would leave it alone, especially since he can't put all of his attention into this since he's working on the 4 Avatar sequels...yikes.

I kind of think Cameron is just chasing $$$ at this point