Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

33 minutes ago, RamRod said:

It’s not animated though and there’s certainly a difference 

Yes, it’s not 2-D (it is CGI animation tho no question) but it’s redundantly unnecessary beyond the cash grab. 

Edited by thrILL!

16 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Why even bother with a “live action” Lion King when EVERY FREAKING THING is CGI??

I just ranted about this in the thread for it.  It is beyond stupid to me.  I really hate this live action remake crap out of Disney and I have refused to watch any of them.  They're all the same damn movie with the same lines and the same music.  It's almost as bad as the shot-for-shot remake of Psycho from the late 90's.  Disney has literally lost all sense of touch with originality.  I really wish Pixar had never sold to Disney so that Disney would have an actual reason to try to get creative and make something new.

I am not okay with this trend. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I am not okay with this trend. 

I don’t mind them making live action versions of their classics like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White etc that are ppl-centric.  But not ones like Lion King or Bambi where ALL the characters are CGI.  It makes no sense beyond the cashgrab. 

I watched The Jungle Book with my kids and it was aiight but it was too much CGI and not all of it was that good tbh. That’s what this Lion King trailer felt like- way too much CGI.

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I don’t mind them making live action versions of their classics like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White etc that are ppl-centric.  But not ones like Lion King or Bambi where ALL the characters are CGI.  It makes no sense beyond the cashgrab. 

I watched The Jungle Book with my kids and it was aiight but it was too much CGI and not all of it was that good tbh. That’s what this Lion King trailer felt like- way too much CGI.

The fact that both Jeremy Irons and Nathan Lane were replaced and Lane wasn't even replaced with someone good just raises my doubts on this movie. Having Oliver and Beyonce in the movie though gives me a strong inclination to not watch it in theaters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The fact that both Jeremy Irons and Nathan Lane were replaced and Lane wasn't even replaced with someone good just raises my doubts on this movie. Having Oliver and Beyonce in the movie though gives me a strong inclination to not watch it in theaters.

Just bring back the whole original cast to make it even more of a carbon copy.