Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

People who love Tom Hanks and consider him the best are probably people who love Nickleback and think 5 Finger Death Punch is the best metal band ever and that only Volbeat comes close and that Breaking Benjamin is an incredible, inventive rock band whose songs don't sound exactly the same. 

• Like 1

Also, I am sick of this recent trend of movie trailers showing a preview for the movie preview you're about to watch.  WTF is that?  Like, "Hey, here's a trailer to the trailer you're about to watch.  Now here's the trailer." 

Also also, I hated Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.  The TV show, not the person.  It was so lame and boring and it put me right to sleep as a kid.  I always considered it to be the movie version of The Indian In The Cupboard.  One time all I wanted was to watch Aliens and Predator and Terminator 2 during a really bad impending thunderstorm and I told my mom any one of those, or worst case scenario Jurassic Park, would do.  I told my dad, too, and he was like, "Okay, I'll see which ones they have."  Anticipation all day as I wait for him to get home and see which movies he rented for me only to find out that my mom had gotten to him and decided that night was the night to return to the PG or lower rating rule and stick to it and I got stuck with the ****ing Indian in the ****ing Cupboard because God forbid I see a dinosaur eat a man off the ****ing toilet. 

I will never forget that night and the disappointment in having this G-rated movie to watch and nothing else during an epic thunderstorm. 

I don't know how I got on this rant, but I am keeping it and posting it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, August4th said:

I like Hanks, but he's been playing it safe for awhile now

feel that way with denzel too

I’d love to see Hanks play a ruthless villain.  He needs his Henry Ford in Once Upon a Time in the West desperately.  Something absolutely vicious and relentless.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, I am sick of this recent trend of movie trailers showing a preview for the movie preview you're about to watch.  WTF is that?  Like, "Hey, here's a trailer to the trailer you're about to watch.  Now here's the trailer." 

its the snapchat generation coming up. they have short attention spans

also, they want to get their point across on the youtube autoplay before you have a chance to change it. 

I agree its pandering to the lowest common denominator and has taken away the experience from the trailer, but I dont like to watch trailers anyways because I like my first viewing to be completely organic 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’d love to see Hanks play a ruthless villain.  He needs his Henry Ford in Once Upon a Time in the West desperately.  Something absolutely vicious and relentless.  

He'd do well in a role like that.  I'd probably see the movie just to see him do it.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:06 AM, Outpost31 said:

Well he wasnt ruthless but he was a good villain in The Lady Killers. 

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

this looks like a steal

Considering I pay $11.99 a month for Hulu alone right now... Yes... Yes it is, great deal. 

Edit:

Actually let me rephrase that, it's a great deal IF there are no ads... If it's an ad supported bundle I won't bother.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 3