Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

Just now, BroncosFan2010 said:

I cant help but think Dune would be far better if it was a high budgeted HBO miniseries rather than movie. It seemed like the ideal follow-up on HBO to GOT once that wraps. A similarly ambitious project that would surprise and bring in a great deal of non-Dune book fans, much the same that GOT show did with non-GOT book fans.

I absolutely agree without question, but I'll take what I can get.  Dune was my first science fiction book I ever read and it holds a special place in my heart, so I'm hoping the movie is 2.5 hours long theatrical, 3.5 hours long director's cut, or two movies for the first book. 

I absolutely agree without question, but I'll take what I can get.  Dune was my first science fiction book I ever read and it holds a special place in my heart, so I'm hoping the movie is 2.5 hours long theatrical, 3.5 hours long director's cut, or two movies for the first book. 

Ya, I agree with taking whats there. Its just frustrating because a theatrical release means the inevitable miniseries will be put off another 10+ years, sorta like LOTR.

Still, I trust the director so lets hope for the best.

• Like 1

DOjeRZvWkAAEyCh?format=jpg&name=medium

Christian Bale getting ready for his upcoming Richard Cheney biopic.

Crazy how he keeps doing this. Gets really skinny for The Machinist and Rescue Dawn then back to in shape for his Batman movies then to overweight like American Hustle and here.

Edited by RamRod

Just now, RamRod said:

Christian Bale getting ready for his upcoming Richard Cheney biopic.

Crazy how he keeps doing this. Gets really skinny for The Machinist and Rescue Dawn then back to in shape for his Batman movies then to overweight like American Hustle and here.

It's really not all that crazy.  Some people can put on/lose weight pretty easily.  I don't think it's all that impressive and I think too much attention and praise is given to actors who physically change for a role.  Not saying Bale isn't great, but...

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's really not all that crazy.  Some people can put on/lose weight pretty easily.  I don't think it's all that impressive and I think too much attention and praise is given to actors who physically change for a role.  Not saying Bale isn't great, but...

Good point. Transformations for movies have become pretty normal these days. You know these actors have teams of trainers and dieticians who make it impossible for them to fail. Bale just seems more dedicated to it than most.

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

Is the farm haunted or the family? 

Why'd you have to ask this question?  That's probably the twist.  We've probably got another The Others on our hands and the family are the ghosts.  That's why they try so hard not to make a sound because when they make a sound the living people probably freak out. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why'd you have to ask this question?  That's probably the twist.  We've probably got another The Others on our hands and the family are the ghosts.  That's why they try so hard not to make a sound because when they make a sound the living people probably freak out. 

The description of the trailer makes you wonder that question lol. Only asking because if its the farm than they could just move.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

To think I used to defend Prometheus. 

The Alien franchise is dead.  Henceforth, if asked about the Alien franchise, I will forever say, "Great two movies.  Both movies in the Alien franchise are in my top 100." 

Same way I answer when asked about the Terminator franchise.

Alien, Terminator, Jurassic Park and Predator made up my Mount Rushmore of movies growing up as a kid.  One is officially dead (Alien).  Terminator has renewed hope for a retcon of crap with Cameron getting involved again.  Jurassic Park is alive and well for me.  Predator I am very nervous about.  If half the rumors of the new one are true, Shane Black will officially move to the minus side of filmmakers for me.