Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

M. Night Shyamalan has had 3 or 4 horrible duds, but the dude is still an excellent storyteller, and I predicted after I think After Earth that he would get back to smaller, better storytelling.

So far so good.  I’m really anticipating his newest two thrillers, one of which was just revealed to be titled Old.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The only good remake they have made is Beauty and the Beast. Now they are making sequels to bad remakes.

Only one I've seen was Aladdin and that was pretty rough.  I'll give a little credit to Will Smith for an impossible task of following Robin Williams and making it his own a little, but the other leads in that were brutal.

• Like 1

I watched Jungle Book and that, I think, is the only live action Disney remake I've seen. 

Telling me it's a live action Beauty and the Beast remake when the Beast is ****ing CGI?  If you're going to call CGI live action, you better be James Cameron talking about Avatar 2 or you're a lying sack of ****. 

You're calling The Lion King live action when the entire Goddamn movie is computer animated.  It's still a ****ing animated movie, just an animation that looks real instead of like a cartoon. 

And most of y'all are letting it happen.  Nobody in the world gives a **** about quality filmmaking, they just want things to look cool. 

**** Disney.  When was the last time Pixar had a great movie not Toy Story? 

Pixar sold to Disney in 2006.  Guess what happened?  Cars happened.  Cars was not great.  Disney didn't give a ****.  WHy?  Because they're about to make a ****ing billion from ancillary markets because of cars. 

As Pixar lost control and Disney gained it, Pixar movies have turned to ****. 

Cars 2 - I couldn't even finish this horse****.
Brave - Was not good.
Monsters University - Should not have been made. 
Inside Out - Okay.  Okay, fine, it was good.
The Good Dinosaur - Crap.
Finding Dory - It was okay only.
Cars 3 - Horse****.
Coco - OMG, I was like this can't possibly be a Pixar movie.  This is horse**** and boring as ****.

Onward was such crap they didn't even wait for the COVID thing to pass before they dumped it.

Mulan is such crap that the animated sequel has a higher IMDB rating.

I hate Disney so bad right now, and yet there's nothing I can do about it.

They own the rights to half of my favorite franchises and they're just going to keep ****ing me the way they ****ed everyone else with Star Wars.

Now watch them do Predator and Aliens right and make me feel like a jackass for being mad about how they're handling youth to young adult films. 

Still, they still ****ed me on Star Wars.  I defended TLJ so damn hard for so damn long and then they throw out, "Lol, let's see what happens if we do this," 10,000 times and then they have a bunch of, "Well, we did this, now how do we conclude a trilogy with it?" 

**** you, Kathleen Kennedy.  **** you, JJ Abrams. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I watched Jungle Book and that, I think, is the only live action Disney remake I've seen. 

Telling me it's a live action Beauty and the Beast remake when the Beast is ****ing CGI?  If you're going to call CGI live action, you better be James Cameron talking about Avatar 2 or you're a lying sack of ****. 

You're calling The Lion King live action when the entire Goddamn movie is computer animated.  It's still a ****ing animated movie, just an animation that looks real instead of like a cartoon. 

And most of y'all are letting it happen.  Nobody in the world gives a **** about quality filmmaking, they just want things to look cool. 

Pixar sold to Disney in 2006.  Guess what happened?  Cars happened.  Cars was not great.  Disney didn't give a ****.  WHy?  Because they're about to make a ****ing billion from ancillary markets because of cars. 

Brave - Was not good.
Cars 3 - Horse****.
Coco - OMG, I was like this can't possibly be a Pixar movie.  This is horse**** and boring as ****.

Onward was such crap they didn't even wait for the COVID thing to pass before they dumped it.

They own the rights to half of my favorite franchises and they're just going to keep ****ing me the way they ****ed everyone else with Star Wars.

Now watch them do Predator and Aliens right and make me feel like a jackass for being mad about how they're handling youth to young adult films. 

Still, they still ****ed me on Star Wars.  I defended TLJ so damn hard for so damn long and then they throw out, "Lol, let's see what happens if we do this," 10,000 times and then they have a bunch of, "Well, we did this, now how do we conclude a trilogy with it?" 

Beauty and the beast had real people in it. That’s qualifys as live action 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Brave - Was not good.
Cars 3 - Horse****.

Coco was great you soulless heathen.  I'd also call Onward at least above average.  Had it been released in theaters it wouldn't have been a huge hit, but it would have made money.  Disney+ is just starving for new content before they can get their series machine rolling.  I actually hated Finding Dory.  I found Cars 3 tolerable, but that's probably tied into nostalgia of my oldests loving the original when they were little, objectively I'd call it not good.  Good Dinosaur is the worst thing Pixar has ever done.  Monsters U was a cash grab and an unworthy sequel to the fantastic original.  Brave I thought was ok.  I wanted it to be more, but I could still watch it again right now if there was nothing else on.

I haven't seen the BatB remake, but it's live action with CGI characters, no different than Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.  At it's core, it's still live action.  By your definition literally nothing except small indy films are live action because they all use CGI for some purposes.

I won't defend Kennedy, she botched that hard.  It was still salvageable after TLJ, but they got scared and fanserviced RoS so hard that the it sucked out all the juice of the trilogy.  If they would have switched the deaths at the end of RoS, I'd defend that movie at least somewhat, but I can't really with how they did it.  Hopefully, Filoni and Favrau can revive Star Wars over the next 5 years.

• Like 2