Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

can see that meaning HBO/WB loving the films chances at awards season. I saw a pick of James son playing teenager tony and its was CHILLING He is a teenage Tony soprano

this is the pic

zqgmh52uosa41.png?width=779&format=png&a

looking forward to seeing some that soprano lore on screen...Chase did a great job at world building

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Not a fan of Aaron Sorkin?  I'll see it just on the strength of him being involved.  Not to mention Lucille Ball being one of the greatest comedic actresses of all time.

I want to remember her as the great comedian she was. I dont want to see Kidman ruin it

• Like 2

14 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Not a fan of Aaron Sorkin?  I'll see it just on the strength of him being involved.  Not to mention Lucille Ball being one of the greatest comedic actresses of all time.

I think my problem is I am not a Nicole Kidman fan in the least.

So is this a reboot of I Love Lucy, or a biopic about Ball and Arnaz? Either way, I'll just watch the original if I want to see them again. 

M. Night Shyamalan (what a twist!) has another show going on Apple TV called Servant. How does he keep finding producers? He made two good movies, and both of them came out 20 years ago.

15 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

So is this a reboot of I Love Lucy, or a biopic about Ball and Arnaz? Either way, I'll just watch the original if I want to see them again. 

M. Night Shyamalan (what a twist!) has another show going on Apple TV called Servant. How does he keep finding producers? He made two good movies, and both of them came out 20 years ago.

Wrong.

Shyamalan is wildly talented.  He had a terrible patch where he let the praise get to his head.  He is on his way back.

He is still a very good storyteller.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Wrong.

Shyamalan is wildly talented.  He had a terrible patch where he let the praise get to his head.  He is on his way back.

He is still a very good storyteller.  

What has he done since Signs that wasn't mediocre, dull, and confusing? The Village and Lady in the Water were sleep aids, he mangled Avatar: The Last Airbender, and he's still being nominated for Golden Raspberries to this day.

He's smart and creative, I'll give him that, but he's not a good filmmaker.

2 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

What has he done since Signs that wasn't mediocre, dull, and confusing? The Village and Lady in the Water were sleep aids, he mangled Avatar: The Last Airbender, and he's still being nominated for Golden Raspberries to this day.

He's smart and creative, I'll give him that, but he's not a good filmmaker.

Split was really good. I haven't seen The Visit, but it was decently reviewed.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

HBO is adapting Dunk and Egg as a Game of Thrones prequel.  You can get 3 solid 6 episode seasons out of what's existing. GRRM was supposed to release the She Wolves of Winterfell about 9 years ago, but he's not releasing anything anytime soon. 

With this quarantine dude should have finished winds of winter by now 

• Like 1