Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

How about Andrew Koji?

When I was watching Warrior I actually got two ME characters I could see those actors playing.

Koji was Thane actually. Tall, stoic, and the voice is just right. With his martial arts skills he could perform most of Thane's wetwork stunts. 

Then I thought Joanna Vanderham would make a GREAT Liara. She has that kind soft side to her and her voice but can be shut down fierce. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Koji was Thane actually. Tall, stoic, and the voice is just right. With his martial arts skills he could perform most of Thane's wetwork stunts. 

I was going to go Thane first - Joe Talsim (Li Yong) could probably do a good Kai Leng.

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Then I thought Joanna Vanderham would make a GREAT Liara. She has that kind soft side to her and her voice but can be shut down fierce. 

I can buy that - I was initially thinking going out of left field on Liara with SNLs Kate McKinnon (if you get past the comedic skit acting, you see she has a versatile range...)

But Vanderham would be better.

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Joe Talsim (Li Yong) could probably do a good Kai Leng.

love this

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I was initially thinking going out of left field on Liara with SNLs Kate McKinnon (if you get past the comedic skit acting, you see she has a versatile range...)

I... I just can't get past this in particular:

We Love You, Kate McKinnon. And Thanks for Saving Ghostbusters | WIRED

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 4:15 PM, thrILL! said:

I had no idea Kilmer was so fascinated by being behind the camera.  Yet he's only directed one project in his career- Cinema Twain (2019) which was based on his stage play about Mark Twain.  

A customer at work the other day said I look like Val Kilmer and I got stressed for a second that they’re talking about him now cause he looks like the creepy old ****** cherry tomato eating king in lord of the rings but thankfully they specified Top Gun Val Kilmer. 

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

A customer at work the other day said I look like Val Kilmer and I got stressed for a second that they’re talking about him now cause he looks like the creepy old ****** cherry tomato eating king in lord of the rings but thankfully they specified Top Gun Val Kilmer. 

Jealous that the customer got a sneak preview of Top Gun: Maverick

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Kilmer had a multi-year battle with cancer, it's not like he just let himself go or was strung out for years.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I just watched mallrats yesterday. It's really the only movie he made that I like and that's not saying much.

I liked pretty much all of them when I was a teenager, but not so much anymore. I agree that Mallrats is his best, and I don’t think that’s a popular opinion.

• Like 1