Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

Some theory I saw regarding Prey. Hopefully it happens as a nice touch. At least the pistol part. 

I'm calling it and saying this is how they got the pistol to give to danny glover at the end of predator 2 and this leading lady is billy's ancestor

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

On 6/8/2022 at 12:40 AM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The trailer for "Prey". Another Predator film. Premise via Wikipedia:

Didn't even know the franchise was active after the last movie. Hopefully this is something decent. BTW, maybe it's not a coincidence that a new Predator comic series just released, and later this year the original 90's collection omnibus is getting printed via Marvel. 

Holy crap, this is a text i sent my buddy back in november:

“the predator franchise has untapped limitless potential for movies because they established that predators have been hunting humans since prehistoric times...you could do so many cool predator period movies...predator during colonial times...predator vs samurai...predator in ww2...predator in ancient greece or rome...predator vs pirates...but literally every single terrible predator sequel the past 30 years has been the same movie “predator vs modern day elite marine squad”...like imagine predator vs some native american tribe in the woods that know the lay of the land and know the mud covers their body heat”

boom

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 10:41 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Lmao I love HP, watch it multiple times every October 

My wife seems to have fond memories of lots of old, bad movies she watched when she was younger (and don't we all?). In the past year, she excitedly put on Hocus Pocus and Boondock Saints and then both times asked to turn them off within an hour because "this isn't nearly as good as I remember it being" lol.

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

My wife seems to have fond memories of lots of old, bad movies she watched when she was younger (and don't we all?). In the past year, she excitedly put on Hocus Pocus and Boondock Saints and then both times asked to turn them off within an hour because "this isn't nearly as good as I remember it being" lol.

Boondocks Saints slapped back in the day, being in on the cult of it helped. But yeah it hits different nowadays, still love it for what it is.

• Like 1

Kevin Smith jumped the shark a long time ago, and I don't think he's even trying any more to make a good movie. I think he does this stuff now just to have fun with friends. 

But I'll admit that I feel like I'm part of that group having fun with him, and these movies always have an air of familiarity and comfort to them that make them pleasant 90 minute diversions

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Kevin Smith jumped the shark a long time ago, and I don't think he's even trying any more to make a good movie. I think he does this stuff now just to have fun with friends. 

Sounds like Adam Sandler.

Anyway, the best thing Kevin Smith has done in the last 20 years is that speech he gave about his experience trying to get Superman made with Jon Peters.

Pretty much everything else Ive seen he has done since Dogma has been dog poo.  Clerks 2 wasnt horrible....but wasnt even remotely close to the original.     I can only imagine how bad Clerks 3 will be.   Id say its a cash grab, but I doubt it will be hugely successful...although they make these fir pretty cheap, so....

On 7/4/2022 at 10:26 PM, thrILL! said:

Of course he won’t.  A new Avatar every 13 years. He’ll be 94 by the time Avatar 4 drops in theaters. No way he makes it to 107 when Avatar 5 is released. 

That's assuming society is still around by then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Just another friendly (corporate) reminder that you don't own anything you buy digitally:

Da hell?

So figure it out, don’t put it on your customers …how do feel good buying anything more from that store?