Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Any more acquisitions would probably be blocked by the government/antitrust laws at this point. 

Yeah they can’t reasonably buy more big studios. Some smaller deals or rights transfers will happen, but them being players for the huge ones would get swatted down.

There’s been some rumors they are sniffing around the video game space, namely EA. If they are they’d enter any of those discussions…though they’d weirdly be one of the smaller fish. But could benefit from Microsoft having its hands tied in a similar way. If they did that I‘d imagine weirdly ESPN would be used in EA Sports.

Rights buys would be fast and clean ways to expand. Like there has to be a number for them to get Spider-Man back, which they clearly would like to have him back as the face of Marvel everywhere.

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Still hoping for Donald Glover and Yvette Nicole Brown, but all other stars confirmed to return.  Peacock will also get the non-exclusive rights to stream Community as well.

Didn’t realize they weren’t confirmed, hope so too.

I hope they put Advanced D&D back on, I get in the landscape why it went away. But should be put back up.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:27 PM, seminoles1 said:

Still hoping for Donald Glover and Yvette Nicole Brown, but all other stars confirmed to return.  Peacock will also get the non-exclusive rights to stream Community as well.

But the movie is on Peacock, so pretty dark timeline still

Edited by Malfatron

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/spawn-movie-finds-new-writers-jamie-foxx-1235232458/ 

Good. The best shot for this is to limit McFarlane some. Decent writing crew there. 

McFarlane loves to stir the pot every few years with Spawn movie news.  I remember sitting in at one of his SDCC panels back in like 2005 where he talked about the movie Crash (*barf*) was going to be his blueprint and how only he was going to direct it.  It's already been 5 yrs since Foxx was cast and imo it's only a matter of time before he moves on and I wouldn't blame him one bit.  

Edited by thrILL!

33 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

McFarlane loves to stir the pot every few years with Spawn movie news.  I remember sitting in at one of his SDCC panels back in like 2005 where he talked about the movie Crash (*barf*) was going to be his blueprint and how only he was going to direct it.  It's already been 5 yrs since Foxx was cast and imo it's only a matter of time before he moves on and I wouldn't blame him one bit.  

I mean, this news actually gives me some hope now that it could get done. Never was going to before.