Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They docor whoing this ish?

Witchers regenerate now

Took me a second to understand that first sentence with the typo lol. It doesn’t shock me that Cavill wants to move on. Big tv shows like this are a huge commitment and he probably wants to free up time for his Superman movie and other projects. He hasn’t done much since Witcher premiered.

Witcher was gonna suck by then anyway, good on him for jumping off before it. This was close to being a good adaptation of a video game but it was made by non video game players as usual and it sounds like its biggest saving graces were due to Cavill being a diehard fan and correcting them often. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Westworld got cancelled. I wish it had gotten cancelled after season 1 so I could look back and wonder what could’ve been instead of looking back and being disappointed with where they took it. 

Yeah they lost me before the most recent season.

On 10/29/2022 at 12:40 PM, Acgott said:

Took me a second to understand that first sentence with the typo lol. It doesn’t shock me that Cavill wants to move on. Big tv shows like this are a huge commitment and he probably wants to free up time for his Superman movie and other projects. He hasn’t done much since Witcher premiered.

I don't think it's that he wanted to move on, he was quoted last year as saying he'd be happy to stick around for 7ish seasons, so long as they keep to the source material. With all the news that's come out about how the writers hate the books and games, and how much Cavill had to battle to keep it on track, it just seems like he got fed up having to push back on all the terrible ideas. Last season for example had the writers wanting to have Roach dying as a comedic scene.

The Witcher will continue for season 4 in name only, would not surprise me if they didn't renew for season 5. Such a shame when people who are passionate about the project get squeezed out by ego-driven schmucks who hate the source material the entire project is based on. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I don't think it's that he wanted to move on, he was quoted last year as saying he'd be happy to stick around for 7ish seasons, so long as they keep to the source material. With all the news that's come out about how the writers hate the books and games, and how much Cavill had to battle to keep it on track, it just seems like he got fed up having to push back on all the terrible ideas. Last season for example had the writers wanting to have Roach dying as a comedic scene.

The Witcher will continue for season 4 in name only, would not surprise me if they didn't renew for season 5. Such a shame when people who are passionate about the project get squeezed out by ego-driven schmucks who hate the source material the entire project is based on. 

Makes you wonder why they would take on the project if they hate it

13 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Hollywood loves pumping out franchise names but then not actually using the franchise material. 

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Jennifer Lawrence is dumb. She said her being cast in The Hunger Games was the first time a woman was cast in the lead of an action movie.

Oh give her a break. She only said it because she thought her role was timeless when the story had lost its appeal after the second movie and Connor and Ripley will never die.