Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Netflix is so close to ruining itself 

They grossly overestimate how many people are going to get their own subscription.

The value is spread out over my whole family, I don’t think any of us care about Netflix enough on our own.

Probably what it means is I’ll just wait to watch stuff, like I want to watch the new season of You, but the second part comes out a month later. Why pay for two months?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

They grossly overestimate how many people are going to get their own subscription.

The value is spread out over my whole family, I don’t think any of us care about Netflix enough on our own.

Probably what it means is I’ll just wait to watch stuff, like I want to watch the new season of You, but the second part comes out a month later. Why pay for two months?

My family splits it all too. Sister handles Netflix, I have hbo and hulu, brother (sometimes) has prime and we just share everything. And even though I don’t pay for Netflix, their content (and lack of loyalty to every new series) makes me feel like I’m still getting ripped off. I imagine once it hits, I’ll actually join in the boycott 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Netflix is so close to ruining itself 

Always blows my mind when someone who has a good thing going pushes it even farther and it comes crashing down on them. Will be interesting to see which streaming service swoops in and takes the crown.

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

My family splits it all too. Sister handles Netflix, I have hbo and hulu, brother (sometimes) has prime and we just share everything. And even though I don’t pay for Netflix, their content (and lack of loyalty to every new series) makes me feel like I’m still getting ripped off. I imagine once it hits, I’ll actually join in the boycott 

Yeah it’s such a dumb practice how they cancel shows.

Instead of cultivating a show people have to stay with for 5+ seasons, they are barely making it to 2.

Even when they do have stuff they are terrible at marketing it. There are big things that are gone from the homepage pretty quick.

It’s funny that we all were about to reshuffle everything too to save some money. Parents are cutting cable and going with YoutubeTV. So just need to swap some stuff.