Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

the pace of the wire feels faster on rewatches. season 2 moved so smoothly the 2nd time I watched it. I loved how that season was structured. I think it might be my 2nd fav season of the show

Edited by August4th
  • Like 3

I think a good way to start the wire is by watching season 4 1st, than watch seasons 1-3 like a prequel series. it worked for my aunt and uncle. Season 4 1st episode hooks you right in with that classic scene of snoop buying the nail-gun. A lot happens in that episode and it's mostly starting new ground after the aftermath of season 3.

30 minutes ago, August4th said:

the pace of the wire feels faster on rewatches. season 2 moved so smoothly the 2nd time I watched it. I loved how that season was structured. I think it might be my 2nd fav season of the show

It seems better on rewatch because you know how all that build up is going to pay off and how intricately it all ties together so it feels worth it.  That first time through, they are asking for a lot of patience on stuff you have no idea how it's going to work.

Harry Potter HBO series better cast Gary Oldman as Dumbledore or I’ll riot.

SO ******* EXCITED!

They can finally fix all of the things they should have included in the series.

Leave Radcliffe out of it. Rupert can play Arthur Weasley.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Harry Potter HBO series better cast Gary Oldman as Dumbledore or I’ll riot.

SO ******* EXCITED!

They can finally fix all of the things they should have included in the series.

Leave Radcliffe out of it. Rupert can play Arthur Weasley.

If they nail the series, HBO won’t have a single actual competitor. They’ve been on ****ing fire for a decade 

edit: macready why are you wanting to see Oldman die again in the series?

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

If they nail the series, HBO won’t have a single actual competitor. They’ve been on ****ing fire for a decade 

edit: macready why are you wanting to see Oldman die again in the series?

Dumbledore’s death was a mercy killing and excellent. I’d love to see Oldman’s performance of that scene.

On 4/2/2023 at 2:20 PM, August4th said:

I think for me its 3,2,4,1,5

Ironically enough, Capcom also had creative control over the original '94 film with JCVD and Raul Julia (R.I.P., tragic what happened to him).

Let's just hope and pray for a better movie this time. They better cast a thicc Asian actress for Chun-Li (them thighs), that's all I gotta say.

Edited by KManX89

Does the new Indy Jones movie’s plot being about time travel mean we’re going to get s****y CGI de-aging that looks considerably less authentic than deepfakes done by amateurs